Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yami
Frequent user October 2022 Ontario

Something Borrowed Blooms

Yami, on March 4, 2022 at 20:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 19
Hello!

I just want to ask the community if anyone has tried renting florals from Something Borrowed Blooms and how your experience with them was?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Blooms, on March 17, 2023 at 15:44
  • Blooms
    Newbie March 2027 Manitoba
    Blooms ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Shipping stuff from the US to Canada can be super pricey with all those pesky duties, eh? It's got me feeling a bit hesitant about making any cross-border purchases. But hey, if you happen to be hanging out in Winnipeg, Manitoba, you should totally check out Blooms Collection !

• J
    Newbie April 2023 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked into Something Borrowed Blooms, but because they're based in the US, I've heard some brides have to pay import fees at the border, and the flowers are held there until it's payed. I didn't want to deal with the stress of that a few days before my wedding, so I've booked a local Toronto option - bushel and bloom. They do flower rentals just like something borrowed blooms, but it's actually cheaper, and I get to customize the bouquets to my actual wedding colours. I've only spent about $300 for all of my wedding party flowers, and a few small centerpieces.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Yami.
    Ahhhhhhh yes, that’s an amazing idea. Costco is really not bad at all with their choices. I like it. Just have to make sure to order earlier enough to not run out of the choices.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your very welcome. and I had done the same for the centerpieces for our wedding to avoid storing at home and paid way less for the reception as it looked beautiful and just simple.

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for that idea, Vinod! 🥰 I’ve seen a lot of phots of Indian weddings and they look so beautiful with all the flowers! I’ll go and look for floral and decor rentals that are packaged or something! Thank you! ☺️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For florals, a suggestion of looking up rental companies for floral arches and the set up/break down to have everything done without to go overboard of the cost is worth looking into as an option.

Being part of the Indian community, our wedding ceremony does cost expensive due to the type of design wanted and floral to go with and aisle decorations. For this reason is why I do bring up the rentals in which they will provide their services if you don't want to go through the headache of storing the florals/garlands at home after the wedding.

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Tunisha! We’ll check them out! Also considering Costo garlands and flowers in case the rentals are too expensive! 😅 We already have an arch that’s included in the decor package of our coordinator. So we just need something to decorate the arch with.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Check Vintage Bash
    https://www.vintagebash.ca/c/rentals/flowers/
    Or Bloom Bridal
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You can always ask the venue who they like to work with as a starting point. It's called a preferred vendors list and if they don't have one, you can ask who the decorators are that worked the last few weddings they hosted.

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, Hank!! I’m just having a hard time researching cause we’re not based in Toronto and I’m new to the country. Hopefully I can find one!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly think you're better off finding a local decorator for something like this. Whatever difference you think you'll save (keep in mind the currency conversion) will be offset by the two way cross border shipping. Just look up Toronto based decorators if you're looking for faux flowers. Or ask your local flower shop if you're willing to use real flowers.

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Actually just the garlands. For the arch and as aisle markers
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are you looking to rent from this company? Is it just the bridal stuff like bouquets or the whole package (centerpieces, ceremony decor, etc)?

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Tunisha!
    Omg I can’t imagine 🙈
    Do you have any suggestions on where to rent faux florals?
  • Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t think shipping would be that much 😧 I’m having a hard time looking for faux floral rentals in the area because I’m not from Toronto, or even from Canada. Do you have any recommendations?
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Yami,
    There is nothing closer to you or in Toronto to rent from aside from the states?

It can be very expensive with US to Canada shipping and duty. I’m always afraid now to purchase anything from US. My hubby had bought his suit from the US and the duty almost gave us a heart attack, and on top of that, it was the wrong size. 🤦🏽‍♀️
    I hope that you’re able to find something closer to you to rent or buy.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Personally, the shipping costs + duty would be enough to deter me from it. Having just done a test order or only boutonnieres, corsages, and bridal party bouquets, the shipping is close to $100 and there's duty on top of that. I can only imagine what the cost would be if you add clunkier items like centerpiece arrangements.

Is there a reason you're not opting for a local rental option?

• Yami
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re right! They ship to Canada and I was looking if anyone’s tried to rent from them to give me an idea about shipping and returning the items.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It looks like they're based on the states.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics