Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie July 2022 Ontario

Some hope for Covid brides

Jennifer, on January 3, 2022 at 07:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4
I got married on Friday after an extremely hard week. My cousin who I’m extremely close to got Covid and exposed all her brothers and sister at Christmas so none of them could attend the wedding. Then my brother got Covid and him and his family had to quarantine, followed by my maid of honour and best friend since I was 3 getting Covid and having to isolate. In total 38 people dropped off our guest list in the 4 days before the wedding. Our DJ and videographer got Covid at a wedding they did together. To top it off my dog got really sick and we thought we were going to have to put her down the day of the rehearsal.

How does this provide hope and why am I sharing this? Because despite all of these awful events, we still had an amazing day. We committed to each other that we would make the best of the day for what it was and I didn’t stop smiling the entire day. We celebrated with the people who could be there and arranged a livestream for the people who couldn’t be there to watch at home. We are having a summer reception in July to celebrate with all those who couldn’t celebrate with us on Friday.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 12, 2022 at 09:51
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats to you two and very brave to carry on with your wedding though your guests were isolating at home didn't lose out on the livestream. Its great to know you carried out your day without a hitch to have the guests present and to hold back on the reception as it seems right.

• J
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile my day would have been totally ruined if I didn’t approach it with an optimistic attitude. It wasn’t easy but I’m so glad we made the best of the day
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your optimism. Congrats on getting married!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that so many of your guests had to drop out because of covid. I hope they are all ok Smiley smile Congrats on the wedding! I hope you had a great day Smiley heart Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics