Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner October 2019 British Columbia

Soldering Rings... yay or nay?

Colleen, on February 1, 2019 at 14:43 Posted in Just married 0 15
I have read MANY discussions regarding this topic. There seem to be polarizing opinions... lol. I want to have mine soldered as I'm a little OCD Smiley smile I am constantly fixing my other rings (and I don't see how my engagement ring and wedding band will be any different!) The biggest concern most women have is taking away to ability to wear them independently. I was given a bridal gift from a vendor for wedding bands. This means I will have a different band I can wear on its own if I so wish. What does everyone think? Is this something being considered by anyone else?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Mikaela, on June 5, 2019 at 21:48
  • Mikaela
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Mikaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked my FMIL about this because she had hers soldered together. She said for everyday wear it's convenient but there's two downsides that she finds:
    1) you lose the one, you lose the other.. and depending on your situation that can be a ton of money
    2) as someone who enjoys traveling, it's not always a good idea to be wearing a very expensive engagement ring, especially when going to poorer countries, but doesn't want to go without a ring because it can cause unwanted attention. To get around this, when she travels she bought a cheap CZ ring from Walmart and wears that when she travels
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think I will be. My wedding band is an enhancer so it has two bands and my engagement ring fits inside it. We got married Saturday and so far it hasn't really bothered me with them being seperate. Plus the engagement ring is a family heirloom so I don't think I'd want to ruin that.
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be getting mine put together. They are curved and it already drives me nuts fixing them all the time!

I have a silicone ring for travel, so i'm not too concerned about not being able to wear them seperate (especially because of the curve, my band looks silly if I wear it solo).

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided to keep mine separate because I like the idea of having the option to wear them separately. Another popular trend is stacking your bands together and wearing them separately on different fingers. Also, if i'm travelling, I rather leave my engagement ring and home and just wear the band itself.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I decide to get them soldered together it will definitely not be right away. I will see if in the future its something I feel I need.

• Olivia
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not going to bother! I like having the ability to just wear my band!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am leaving my wedding band separate since I do not like to wear my engagement ring to work. It is part of a set though, so once my husband gives me the top band (presumably for our one year anniversary) I will get that and my engagement ring soldered together.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally don’t like the bulkiness of two bands and I don’t think I’d want to always wear my engagement ring (if we go on vacation, outdoor activities, etc.), so I’m leaving mine alone.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably be getting mine soldered since I have a lifetime protection plan that covers cleaning as well. I have a bend in my wedding band to go around my e-ring's twist so it'll drive me crazy to not do it

• C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I love it! 😁
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful ring! I agree, I say do it! Lol
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    As you can see, my engagement ring has an interesting shape as well. My wedding band will fit around mine as well and I can see me forever fixing it!

Soldering Rings... yay or nay? 1
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am definitely getting mine soldered! Mine fit together in a way, and I don’t want to be adjusting it all the time. And I would never wear my band on its own, it’s a weird shape lol sorry, the diamond looks a little weird. This isn’t my wedding band, it’s from the store. I actually go to pick up mine tomorrow so it should fit it perfectly

Soldering Rings... yay or nay? 2
  • C
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough. I have a lifetime protection plan that includes cleaning and such on my rings, so that won't be an issue! Thanks for the input!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

See, the only reason that my Mom wishes that she didn't have her engagement ring and two wedding bands soldered together, is because it is pretty hard to clean them now.

She got it done so that it would be harder to misplace if it's bigger (she lost her promise ring that my Dad got her Smiley sad ) but now she wishes she didn't.

I personally won't be getting them soldered together but that's just because it's an extra thing that I don't need right now.

P.S. Congrats on the engagement!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics