Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Newbie October 2024 Ontario

Small Wedding Parties

Emily, on August 2, 2022 at 16:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi everyone!

My fiancee and I are leaning towards doing a smaller wedding party - just a MOH and best man. Has anyone done this/something similar? If so, how have you handled dividing tasks for event planning (i.e. engagement party, bachelorette/bachelor party, bridal shower, wedding date)?

Making this decision was the best thing for us, but I am worried about how this will affect the planning process as I would feel terrible putting all of this pressure on our MOH and best man. Does anyone have any advice for navigating this?

Thank you Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on August 16, 2022 at 13:20
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also just having a MOH & BM. Since this is our second marriage, we are opting out of the pre production (engagement party/bachlorette/bachelor parties)

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I just got married on August 7th and we only had best man and moh standing up for us!
  • G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Hank on this one!

Personally I wouldn't put any pressure on my MOH or the BM to throw these different type of events/parties. I would speak to them and see what their thoughts are with respect to what you are exactly looking for in them to do with respect to your wedding, and see if this is something they can manage and commit to.

Although, I am all for small wedding parties 100%- less stress, better chance at avoiding drama, and less people to have to worry about.

Hope this helps!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you communicated these requests to your MOH and BM before asking them to commit to the role? Remember, a bridal party =/= event planners for every little thing, nor should they be treated as a way to save on staffing during the wedding.

As for your parties, typically the couple plans and hosts their own engagement party, not the wedding party. The MOH and BM can handle a bachelorette/bachelor party as long as you don't intrude - you can make a list of things you don't want ie sexy times but it's bad form to demand that you go to certain locations or to visit certain events that would cost the guests.

A family member typically hosts the bridal shower.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started with just 1 MOH and 1 Bridesmaid and now we have a third member, but my MOH is taking over the planning, but we told her that she doesn't need to pay out of her own pocket that we can help and it doesn't have to be extravagant parties either. I'm too old to stay up and party all night and for the shower I am happy with a BBQ back yard party.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only had one person on each side so we didn't do any of the other parties because it would be too much to put on one or two people. Though the Best Man did throw a bachelor party for my husband.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics