Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tunisha
Super October 2021 Ontario

Small Wedding

Tunisha, on May 1, 2021 at 00:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 15
Hello All!
I’m planning a wedding but want to keep it a small backyard vibe with about 60 people. What are your thoughts about still having a wedding/bridal party (only 3 bridesmaids and groomsmen)...?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on May 4, 2021 at 12:34
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your response. Oh yes, this will be such a challenge. Oh my goodness, I am hoping that by September/October that it will be fine for outside celebration. Thanks for the good luck wishes. 🤗 Good luck to you as well!!
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were hoping for 50 but now will be 25. You need to read up on it carefully because in Ontario it's 25 people Red to Green at residence. At a venue you can have much more. We decided to have it home (August 14th) for the 25 people. Hard to be removing people from the list but best to plan accordingly. Also we are going to provide a link to watch on line for those that cannot make it. Then we will celebrate with the others at a later date.

Good luck.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's good to be mentally prepared than to scramble last minute.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re in grey lockdown at the moment until May 20th. I am hoping it’s better for October. But yeah, I was thinking about that. If we do drop to 50 people - will just remove our friends list and do an event with them after. As for 10, it’s going to be tough. Since my family including my fiancé is 7. 😬😬 I can’t imagine that option yet.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not sure what colour zone Ottawa was typically in but I would make a backup plan to go below 50 and 25 people (and even below 10 in case you're in grey lockdown). And backyard weddings include all vendors in your gathering count.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your response Christiana. This really helped me think not to fuss about it. Because they will be at the wedding. So I might as well put them to use. Hahahahaha. Jk.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't even think twice if I was at a 60 person wedding with 6 in the wedding party... in fact I think I've been to a 50-60 person wedding with like 8 or 10 in the wedding party and nobody thought that was weird. Definitely just have as many as you want!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, I see it as manageable and cheaper, you can leave when you like and stay as long as you want. Haha. But yeah that’s so challenging indeed. Especially during this time and uncertainty.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its so nice when you have a usable backyard! We changed our plans because my grandparents live in Ontario and we live in Alberta and I decided I didn't wanna plan a wedding from across the country
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah, I changed my plans like 6 times. Hahaha. We had a farmland in mind but the roads are too dark at the end of the night. Then thought about my parents house, but it’s too small. So my sister decided to become the wedding planner and is making moves. Hahaha. Decided to go back to the backyard at my fiancé’s family’s place.
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your response Hank. This is good to hear. I changed my wedding plans like 5 times. Haha
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Glad I could help! We were also originally going to have the ceremony (and reception) in my grandma's backyard but we have changed our plans!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay, that’s great. Thank you so much for your response Liberty. This calmed my nerves. Haha.

We will be having the ceremony at the backyard too. So I was stressing a bit.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you can have a wedding party regardless of how big or small your event is. We're having a wedding party of 4+4 when our guest list is likely 25 or under.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think 3 is totally fine! We are having a 50-60 person wedding and I will have 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics