Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen
Curious July 2018 Alberta

Small reception

Karen, on March 3, 2018 at 21:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
FH and I finally decided to have just our MOH best man and close with us to celebrate our special day. Of course parents but looking for ideas of what to do after ceremony to celebrate.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 5, 2018 at 14:54
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone about a private room at a restaurant. Great way to celebrate after the ceremony!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Booking a private room at a nice restaurant would be a great idea. Or you could host it at someone's house if they have a nice one and get some really nice catering to drop off enough food for the amount of people you have, then you could all stay as late as you want and have the ability to do more activities/games/etc. There's a lot of nice restaurants that can deliver, and at-home catering services out there now. I'd suggest doing some research into that in your area.

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A nice restaurant would be a good idea. If it were me I would prefer somewhere private. You could also do a picnic or a bbq kinda thing too if your on a budget.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A nice restaurant is going to be your best bet.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Restaurant is a giod idea to have for the guests to enjoy after. Most italian restaurants will cater to you based on hoe many it can seat. Mandarin is great too since they can close off a section for your guests sitting more comfortably.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also agree with a restaurant. Sometimes, they can book a private room (depending on numbers), so you can celebrate together with just your family.

Depending on where you live, you could find a river or lake cruise and do a celebration on there.

You could also do a small backyard BBQ if you have a family member or friend with a big enough yard.

You could also consider renting out a small cottage and go there for the weekend to spread the celebration out (depending on availability of family).

• Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true never thought of that. Thank you
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about a nice restaurant with a private dining room? You could go in your wedding clothes and celebrate in semi-privacy together.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics