Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittney
Curious October 2018 Alberta

Small budget, 50 guest wedding, supper ideas?!

Brittney, on October 17, 2017 at 14:37 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

We are having a small wedding, budget and all. Small budget and small guest list of 50 people.

My question is for those of you who had a 50 guest wedding on a smaller budget what did you do for your reception supper? Caterer? Did it yourself? Potluck?

Any advice and ideas is great thanks!!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 21, 2017 at 10:57
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    75 ple wedding with sit down dinner included. It was Perfect.
  • Caitlin Beaumont
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin Beaumont ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing 48 people. Just booked a place that basically the venue is included with the meal prices 35$ a person (amazing meal options) plus tax any gratuity. (most places if you tell them engagement party at the time of booking then tell them you just decided to do it all at once like a week later after they've given you a price per person you won't get price gouged)
  • Brittney
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right on! Unfortunately our venue doesn't provide catering so I have to find my own. Buffet style would definitely be more cost friendly, that may be the way I go.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had 38 guests at our wedding and had a plated dinner. The venue provides the catering so that's why we went with them. I think if we went with another venue we would probably have done buffet as they tend to be cheaper
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did dinner at a restaurant. If I could I would have gone with a catered buffet.

• Brittney
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol that is something to definitely keep in mind!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The key for me in planning was to not only be smart about our budget choices but to also be mindful of things that may end up causing us stress. Preparing my own food was one of the things that would have caused stress, lol...but then again, I hate to cook!

• Brittney
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very true less stress, and I am in a more rural area of Alberta so for caterers it would be a handful I get to choose from

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a small buffet is the way to go. Less stress for you and since you have a small group, it will not cost you an arm and a leg.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had about 50 for my bridal shower and we used a caterer. He came in and set up and we ate buffet style. With that size of a group, it was easy to pull off! Try contacting a few caterers and see what they will include in their prices (set-up, clean-up, etc) and choose the one you like best (if you want to go that route, but I'm always in favour of using a professional's services to alleviate stress)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics