Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Silver Linings- Planning a wedding during Covid.

Liberty, on May 31, 2021 at 14:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
I know this pandemic has been very hard on everyone! But I wanted to open up a discussion about any silver linings you may have had planning a wedding during this time.

My Fiancé and I got engaged Dec 2020. I originally wanted to get married August 2021 but I figured it was too risky especially with family needing to travel. We decided on May 2022.
Pushing our wedding to May has allowed us to really take our time with planning, we haven't had to rush any of choices so far and we can make sure our wedding is exactly how we want! It also gives us more time so save. We are planning an inexpensive wedding but its nice to be able to save more incase we have any unexpected expenses or want to add something last minute.
Have you had any silver linings planning a wedding during covid?

18 Comments

Latest activity by SAR, on June 6, 2021 at 17:05
  • S
    SAR ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Liberty!

I am a wedding/event planner and I just had a successful event this weekend on Saturday. Of course we have to get creative but there are a lot of positives in coordinating a wedding through this uncertainty and ways that we can achieve this. If you need help and a wedding planner, I'd be happy to help engage in getting you set up once I know more about what you are looking for,

Sarah

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess so truee! I love that about covid weddings!
  • R
    Curious August 2021 British Columbia
    Rhi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it forces you to strip away all of the extra stuff and realize the day is just about the two of you and nothing else really matters.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the silver lining is really knowing what is important for your day. You don't feel guilty about people not being there that you didn't really want....
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are also planning an inexpensive wedding. We were having such a tough time with two possible venues (backyard and farmland) that we did not have to pay for. But then other complications came in with adding a tent as per my dad and possibility of rain. THEN... I kept searching and found a beautiful location to have both ceremony and reception for the amount of people I have for less than renting a tent and all the shenanigans that came with it! Everyone in the family loves it. The only thing is that our date we planned to have the wedding is booked up until November 19th. So, as much as it’s a bit sad, we will just decide to have it that day. At least we found a place and it’s still inexpensive. Since I did not even buy my dress and my aunt that gave it to me got it for cheap. 😁😁
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Definitely go when you get the chance! You always hear the saying "the happiest place on earth" and it really is the happiest place on earth! The inner child in you instantly comes out when you get there!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will be amazing!! Ive never been to Disneyland but would love to go one day!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have! We're going to DISNEYLAND!!! And all of the other amusement parks down in Anaheim, Los Angeles and San Diego. The honeymoon won't be until our 1 year anniversary since we're already planning a "destination" wedding out of province. We're both super excited!! We both have been there 3 times with our families but never with each other!

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That will be amazing!! Have you picked a honeymoon location yet?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are able to save more for our honeymoon! We've been saving our AIRMILES for about 10 years now and pretty much our entire honeymoon will be payed for by the time we are able to go!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Time on planning and savings are great during this time. The backdrop is the postposement making the countdown feel longer.
    Elopement is sometimes an alternative for the feeling to be happy to be one on the date chosen and putting the planning for the latter celebrations.
    The planning for an anniversary party would feel the same as reception.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A silly little silver lining for us is that when we postponed our reception I had more time to grow my hair out.

We also got to have an intimate ceremony on our original date and I think that really helped with nerves. It was casual, we got ready together until I got my dress on and just enjoyed the day with our closest friends and our parents.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Savings are a definite benefit. Its also nice that covid has allowed us to realize what truly is important in a wedding!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You could go on amazing honeymoon with the savings! That's what I would do!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm glad you enjoyed your day and wouldn't change a thing! Saving 20k is massive!! There's so much you can do with that much money!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense! We actually spent more on vendors (added a videographer to livestream) and more on decor - like a love marquee and the original cake we then had to pay extra for - sooo worth it 😍 - we kept being justifying it with how much we were not spending haha. We also had half of our florals twice because we had to postpone 10 days out, deciding to still get married on our original date. We used the florals that couldn't be cancelled for our small 10 person ceremony 🥰. I was having a very hard time accepting that we were going to spend DOUBLE what we did, more than what our downpayment on our house was! Now we have the savings for an even bigger honeymoon when we finally get to go 😅 and/or the next house 🤷🏻‍♀️.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THIS.

And it's not just savings from a lower guest count. We saved a ton of money by cutting certain vendors that we can't use. Not to mention decor and items that the wedding industry hocks on us. It really allowed us to open our eyes and go "we really didn't need that" to have a good and memorable time.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our silver lining was saving over 20k 😆, as much as we would have loved having EVERYONE there. This also meant we got to spend so much quality time with the our family and friends that WERE there. We wouldn't change a thing 💜

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics