Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Curious July 2023 Ontario

Silk/satin bridesmaids dresses

K, on October 25, 2020 at 16:08 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 3
Has anyone done silk/satin bridesmaids dresses?
i’m stuck in a hard place because i’ve heard they wrinkle easy and tend to show everything! i want to make sure my girls are comfortable in what they wear but i’m also having a hard time to find another fabric that will hold the shiney gold/champagne colour without looking brown/peach or yellow! Silk/satin bridesmaids dresses 1

3 Comments

Latest activity by Noma, on September 21, 2024 at 17:36
  • Noma
    Bucuresti
    Noma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally get where you’re coming from! Silk and satin bridesmaids dresses can be stunning, but they definitely have their downsides, like wrinkling and being a bit sheer. If you're looking for alternatives that still give you that lovely shine in gold/champagne, you might want to check out charmeuse or a silk blend—they can be a bit more forgiving. Polyester satin could also work well, as it often holds color beautifully and is less prone to wrinkling. Getting swatches to compare colors can really help you find the perfect shade without veering into brown or peach. You might also find some great options at https://nomasilk.com. Good luck—your girls will appreciate you thinking of their comfort!

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Please ensure your bridesmaids will be comfortable wearing this as it does in fact show everything. Look up dress and charm, they have a lovely champagne colour.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you're paying for the dresses, you may want to check if the girls would be willing to pay for the cost of silk dresses because it'll have a huge price tag compared to most commercial dresses.

We looked into satin dresses ourselves in a polyester material because fiancee's bridesmaids were considering gold or silver but we ultimately went against it due to limited style options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics