Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Devan
Newbie June 2023 British Columbia

Sikh/western Fusion help needed

Devan, on October 24, 2022 at 14:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 2

Hi all!

I'm have two weddings, a western wedding on June 2, 2023 and Anand Karaj the following day. Everything is already booked.

Because of the processing time for henna, and the fact that our temple ceremony is the day after the civil ceremony, we had to schedule our mendhi night for May 31st. This means that I, along with my bridesmaids/family/husbands family will have henna for the cicil ceremony.

Now, I don't see an issue with this. We're an interracial couple and of course I embrace his culture with open arms. My mom, however, is trying to convince me to change schedules to prevent us from getting henna first, because she's dreamt her whole life about my wedding and is having a hard time picturing the fusion. She loves my fiancé to no end, loves his culture, just figures that if we're doing two separate weddings we should completely separate the cultures.

What I'm looking for, is any photos you may have or have seen of a western wedding where the bridal party has mendhi so I can send to my mom and reassure her that everything will be okay. I have googled, but could only find one wedding example.

Thank you so much!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on November 8, 2022 at 16:39
  • Samantha
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hanks comment about tattoos is right , from a bride with a full tattoo sleeve as well as other tattoos that were visible with my dress, my mother probably would have loved if i didnt have them especially for my wedding day , but I do and that is something that wasnt any of her choice, my point being, if its something you love, find beautiful, represents a part of you / your fiancé then its something she should completely be able to see past if she cant see the reasons you would have it for you civil ceremony, like hank said , its your wedding , not hers and its part of a culture that is now part of yours . I think its absolutely stunning! why wouldn't you want it for both ceremonies , Do you girl , im sure it will only be talked about for being so lovely and not for any other reason .

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From an outside perspective, it should be no different than a bride with arm tattoos. If she wouldn't freak out on you getting a tattoo sleeve, then, she should have no problem with the mehndi.

Some examples of women with the henna tattoos wearing western style wedding dresses.

Sikh/western Fusion help needed 1

Sikh/western Fusion help needed 2

Sikh/western Fusion help needed 3

Sikh/western Fusion help needed 4

Depending on how much coverage you're getting, it might not even be a big deal to her. But if she's still making a fuss about it, just let her know it is what it is and she needs to chill. It's your wedding, not hers, no matter how much she's dreamed about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics