Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Signature cocktail - is it a must-do?

Lynnie, on January 20, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 28

Signature cocktails are a wedding trend that took over in the last few years! Do you know think of signature cocktails as a standard part of any wedding bar? Or does it not make your must-do list?

Are signature cocktails a must-do for you?? 🍸

Signature cocktail - is it a must-do? 1

Photo by John Robert Woods

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks for taking part!! If you missed any questions, you can see them all linked here: What is a must-do to you?

If you enjoyed this series, check out some of our other games like: Dish those wedding details!, Dress Duels, and Old School or Online?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on July 4, 2022 at 05:31
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to as it is included in our package, and we can incorporate the dogs and cat 😊
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a Signature Cocktail (really just a mojito) but incorporating our dogs name into the title and it will be in a frame with a photo of her! Great way to incorporate your canine Smiley smile I also wanted to make it a drink that people have actually tasted/are familiar with.

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say why not! If you have a favorite drink why not add the special touch for your guests to enjoy as well.

• Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are providing our own alcohol so we will definitely do a signature cocktail or two.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a definite no-go with us.....but our wedding is a special case, three people with deathly allergies to alcohol means it is a dry event. We are thinking about doing a Sundae bar in it's place....so can a banana split be considered a signature sundae instead? Smiley tongue

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This isn't a must. We are not going to have signature cocktails but we are buying our favourites for the bar like Original 16 and Gin. We are also going to stock the bar with the popular choices like vodka, rum, whiskey, etc.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must but we did. We provided our own alcohol so didn’t have a wide variety
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nahh skipping too many people drink different items!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must-do for us, we have punch and open bar so I think the guests will enjoy as it is
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most likely no. Open bar will cover everything.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably not. Neither of us drink enough to have a signature cocktail. Mine would just be white wine.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a must but I personally like it so we’re going with it. I don’t know what mine will be yet (something summery and blue since baby blue/Tiffany blue is one of our colours)... and his is probably An old fashioned lol (jd and coke)
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A must for our cocktail hour

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must do!

Family and friends had their choice of drinks they enjoyed. We don't drink all that much in the first place.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This isn’t a must but we are coming up with ideas so we can do this.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not a must do but we are doing this! Our venue is really creative and the bar tender is going to come up with a fall inspired recipe for us. Can't wait!

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll be making some special cocktails for my bachelorette party (HP themed), but for the wedding itself we're going simple with bottled/can drinks only (beer, wine and coolers).
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like the bouquet toss, I thought about it for a bit and was actually going to do it, but forgot to mention it to my venue lol. Again, it was one of those things no one really noticed.

One of my bridesmaids was/is pregnant so she got the bartender to make amazing mocktails for her. Some people actually ordered those but with booze in them too lol

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I want to have one. I saw a super cute photo on pinterest where the signature cocktail was named after the couple's dog so I thought that would be a super cute way to sort of involve our cats in the wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue offers them so we will probably take advantage of them
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were given a choice of a house Bellini or sangria which was just as good for us!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! i love this idea and we’ll definitely be doing it!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It wasn’t a must, but it came with our bar package so we did one. It was a yummy white sangria.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn't say it's a must, but a maybe.

When I asked FH about it he was honestly so confused. He also doesn't drink much so doing a groom drink would be a challenge!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not needed - people just "knew" what would they would be anyway, I'm a tequila drinker and he drinks Kokanee beer so those were automatically what people were saying were our Bride & Groom drinks Smiley tongue

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped it. Was not important to us. Oddly enough one of my friends went up to our bartender and asked him to make her a surprise drink. He named it after her, and once people saw her walking around with this fancy one they were all getting it. That was the drink of the night lol.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not a must have for us. It comes with our package I think though so we’ll probably have one
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought it was a must do at the beginning, but now I'm re-thinking it. If we do end up doing one then it's not going to be an overly sweet one so people will actually have more than one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics