Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katie
Frequent user June 2023 Ontario

Shuttle

Katie, on February 19, 2022 at 16:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi everyone!
So Where I am getting married is about a km from the main hotel that people will be staying at. Do you think a shuttle option is necessary?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tunisha, on February 27, 2022 at 16:34
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think a shuttle is necessary for 1KM. Save the money and or put it elsewhere.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In this case of the distance for the drive from the hotel to the venue, it can vary if you choose to add to your budget of transportation. The cost will be expensive if its over what you expected from the cost of what you want to spend. Your guests can drive as an alternative if they have rented or drove to the hotel already themselves.

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi,

As a professional driver, and I think of people who may think they have not had that much to drink will attempt to drive. A shuttle is a big cost, but maybe set something up with a local taxi service where they have a few drivers set to be the ones that take your guest to and from the hotel to the venue.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For being that close to the hotel, I wouldn't worry about a shuttle service.

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Carmel!
  • Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Unfortunately Stratford is late to the game and no Ubers there yet haha, but there are taxis
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree. At a 1km distance, I would NOT expect a shuttle. That is easily managed as a guest on their own. Shuttles are more necessary when the distances are greater and other methods of transit are more difficult to come by.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While it's a nice gesture, 1km in Stratford is not so far that necessitates a shuttle. I would walk it or if the heels are so unbearable, call a cab. Even a surge charge Uber probably won't cost more than $10 at that distance.

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thanks! Advice greatly appreciated Smiley smile
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think at least having a shuttle option for people after the reception to the hotel. So there is no drinking or driving. Obviously your not responsible for peoples actions but it’s considerate to the guests! In my opinion!

Our venue is about 5-10 mins away from the hotel but we are still having shuttle service from 10pm-12am for guests since their will be alcohol at our reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics