Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

Show me your ______ ring!

Brittany, on August 13, 2018 at 12:28

Posted in Before the wedding 72

There are so many beautiful styles of engagement rings out there! From a Classic Solitaire, to new, unique, modern designs... You've got halos, double halos, single stone, multi-stone, pavé, split channel, vintage, modern, tension, cathedral, eternity bands, clusters, and more! No wonder our...

There are so many beautiful styles of engagement rings out there! From a Classic Solitaire, to new, unique, modern designs... You've got halos, double halos, single stone, multi-stone, pavé, split channel, vintage, modern, tension, cathedral, eternity bands, clusters, and more! No wonder our partners can get so overwhelmed!

Show me your ring! What style did you get? Did you and your partner look together? Did you drop hints? Or was it a total surprise?

For most people, we hope this is a piece of jewelry you'll be wearing every day for the rest of your life, so having it fit your style and personality is a must!

Get A Close Up Of That Bling!cfb_33944.jpg

My fiancé and I looked at engagement rings together years before we ever got engaged... so he knew my style. The ring he ended up getting was one I'd never seen before, and he customized it just for me! I wanted a bigger ring, without breaking the bank, so we opted for a split channel, double halo style! It's a great way to get more ring, without going overboard on that centre stone!

My fiancé also picked an Artisan Diamond (from Spence Diamonds), so we got a nearly perfect stone, and it is also guaranteed to be more ethical and environmentally friendly. You can find out more here.

There is also a matching wedding band that curves to hug the side of the engagement ring.

Double Halo Engagement Ringcfb_33946.jpg

72 Comments

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We shopped around but i honestly had no idea what i wanted so he shad this one custom made. I love it!! He knows me so well.

Show me your ______ ring! 1
  • Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ring is a noam carver engagement ring with some alterations to make it that much more personal. I love it

Show me your ______ ring! 2
  • Larissa Lauzon
    Frequent user August 2020 Nova Scotia
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry.. it WASN'T crazy expensive *
  • Larissa Lauzon
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry ladies, every time I go to take a photo of my ring it's times when it needs to be cleaned LOL

Anyway, the amethyst is his birthstone and the diamonds on the sides are mine. I was adamant that I didn't want a diamond because of it being my birthstone, and it just so happens that his is one of my favourite colours. I'm so in love with my ring! And it was crazy expensive either, thank God! Lol ❤

Show me your ______ ring! 3
  • Larissa Lauzon
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love this! I so love different styles for engagement rings! I'm very non traditional in that sense lol
  • Larissa Lauzon
    Larissa Lauzon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow that's stunning! 😍
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is so unique! I love it!!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told my fiancé I wanted a round halo style ring and he picked the most perfect beautiful ring that’s classic and totally my style.
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I thought after 6 Years together it would never happen but finally I got my dream ring. I've been engaged for 2 Years and still stare at my ring a lot. lol We just celebrated 8 Years yesterday. I definitely dropped hints that my favorite diamond shape is Marquise. I left Pinterest pics up on the computer regularly for a good 2 Years. The 1st diamond my Fiancee ever gave me was a solitaire princess cut charm & necklace. I think it was just a fluke but I love that the sides of my ring match the 1st and only other diamond he has given me. I have enjoyed looking at all of your gorgeous ring styles! 💍

Show me your ______ ring! 4
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ring is from Spence diamonds. It was important that it was a non conflict ring, my fiancé got a artisan diamond which I just love it.

Show me your ______ ring! 5
  • L
    Newbie August 2019 New Brunswick
    Lacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Never really told him anything specific besides the fact I wanted it to me rose gold. Absolutely love my ring!Smiley catface

Show me your ______ ring! 6

Show me your ______ ring! 7
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have scratched my pinky ring a little with the engagement ring but I get it polished and rhodium plated every year (it's sterling silver which turns my finger green). I graduated from forestry/environmental management in university so it's a professional ring for me and it's meant to be worn on your writing hand. I've gotten used to having both on my left hand and it feels weird to move either one to the right.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How is it wearing a ring on the finger beside? I wear 2 rings on my right hand (middle and ring finger) from pandora and because they rub together I've damaged one of them quite bad... I'm TERRIFIED to wear a ring on my pinky or middle finger on my left hand beside my engagement ring now...
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had told me fiancé that I wanted a solitaire round cut. He went to a jeweler, designed a ring, and it’s PERFECT! I can’t wait to wear it with my wedding band!

Show me your ______ ring! 8
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's my bling!!! Smiley love I had told my fiance all I really really wanted was 2 sapphires and the rest was him!! He picked the style which is PERFECT as it kinda has a flower look to it and I looooove florals~ Smiley heart

Show me your ______ ring! 9

Show me your ______ ring! 10
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought this after another post you made about it and its AMAZING!!! I'm so beyond happy with this cleaner thank you for sharing!!!
  • Samantha
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love my ring 😍 something more traditional but not too high!

Show me your ______ ring! 11
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told my fiancé I wanted Sapphire so he picked this beauty out. It’s actually so perfect for me I was shocked. It was a set too so it came with the wedding band, my fiancé didn’t read the description when he ordered it online so he thought the wedding band was part of the ring xD

Show me your ______ ring! 12

Show me your ______ ring! 13
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went shopping with my fiancé and after I went with just my family and picked two rings which they had to combine because they didn’t have the exact kind I want. My fiancé bought it after for me. I really wanted to make sure I love it since I’d be wearing it for the rest of my life💕 Everyone’s rings are so beautiful😍

Show me your ______ ring! 14
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha! It’s so true!! I’m a little paranoid when it comes to my ring. I need to get over it haha. Thanks for your help!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your ring is tough as.... diamonds! Haha. The hard hair bristle brushes wont damage it.... just don't use anything with metal in it.

Yay! Hope you have a nice sparkly ring soon!!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It totally leaves a film on the ring! It feels weird after I wash it haha. So I’m going to go grab some of the cleaner and try it out! I can’t wait for it to look new again! The brush definitely doesn’t scrub hard enough, I was just to nervous to use anything else. 😂
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My older sister told me to dilute windex in a shot glass with warm water, let it sit, then I used an old toothbrush... haha. Worked pretty good actually. The dish soap probably leaves a bit of a film on the ring, and the paint brush might not scrub it hard enough... but the cleaner works awesome. And it comes with a lift try and brush inside!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww thanks! It's amazing. The pictures don't do it justice lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I don’t have any, so I’ll go pick some up! This is perfect! I’ve been letting it soak in hot water with dish soap then scrub it with a tiny paint brush 😂 it doesn’t work all that well. So this will be much better haha
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oohh.. That's pretty. I love the little small details (like the sapphire)... it's just a of an extra personal touch.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've only been dating for 2 years and lived together 6 months so I wasn't pressing it too much lol. I love the halo/twist rings the best!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Super cute! I love it. Awe your cute little fur babies! Haha.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love your ring! I hear ya about the halo/dirty thing. Mine got so dull (it's still a little snug so I don't take it off much)... we bought some ring cleaner at Walmart (it's the same stuff they sell at the Bay I think...) I think it was $6 or $7... definitely under $10. It comes with a little brush... it works great! If you don't have a specific cleaner you should try it. Just make sure you get the gold/diamond/precious stones one (they have different types).

Show me your ______ ring! 15

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent him a few pictures of what I liked but he picked this one out. I absolutely love it! It’s from Michel hill so it has the pretty pink diamond on the band as well, which is perfect because pink is my fav color

Show me your ______ ring! 16
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! I love it!!!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love your ring Brittany! I always have a hard time getting a good photo of my ring. Mine is from Spence as well! I knew I wanted a brilliant round and so we got to pick the middle diamond to my exact liking. It Sparkles like crazy! We also decided to get it in 19k so I don’t have to get the white gold re-plated ever. I always thought I wanted a solitaire, but they looked so weird on me lol. The only think I don’t like about the halo is I get my ring dirty a lot lol.

Show me your ______ ring! 17

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics