Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Show me your mismatched wedding party looks!

Kelsey, on August 8, 2021 at 16:35 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12

Either your real life photos, or your inspo vision. Bonus points if you show me how you picked groomsmen ties/accessories to coordinate with your mismatched bridesmaids!

Here's one on my board to get started

Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Carmel, on August 9, 2021 at 23:07
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I LOVE the mismatched look, for many many reasons. I was supposed to have a NYE wedding so I originally said dark grey/Adrianna Pappell gunmental, beading for some sparkle, long... You choose. I was really trying to avoid any sort of bridesmaid-y look at all. I wanted dresses that did not resemble the typical bridemaids dresses (which is more attainable with the mismatched look). We ended up with black (long story). Here's a pic of them hanging with my dress and a collage I made to make sure everything worked (the last one had a belt added... I wasn't thrilled with this dress but all good). I do not think the groomsmen need to match perfectly at all either but our colour scheme was easy enough. The boys all had black suits. My husband had a black shirt as well with a silver/grey tie and same pocket square, the boys had a silver/grey with black tie and silver/grey pocket square.
    Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 2

Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 3

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like your idea. It allows the ladies more flexibility to find something they like that can work with their own unique body shape and personalities without being bogged down by a colour swatch.

That idea can also apply to the gents on their ties. They won't even need to match the bridesmaids because when everyone is wearing a different shade of the same colour, it will look like you did it on purpose and it won't be odd.

Personally, I think matching is overrated.

• Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am planning to mismatch at least the styles. I want to do mismatched colours as well (different shades of the same colour) as well, but my fiance isn't big on that idea and thinks it will look weird not all the same.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you mismatching colours, styles, or both?

We only mismatched styles but kept the colour the same. The guys are wearing tuxedos, which are black and white.

Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 4

Personally, I don't think your groomsmen suits/accessories need to match the bridesmaid dresses. Even if you plan on pairing up a groomsman and a bridesmaid, the beauty of a suit is that it will work and coordinate with practically anything that she wears.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay thank you for the detailed explanation! This makes sense!
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahah okay so going into it I just said these are the colours I like, you guys choose which one you want to wear and it worked it out pretty well. One of my bridesmaids wasn’t at the original appointment so I just said ok she can wear the light pink, she didn’t want to of course lol so she switched to wine and then from there I arranged them based on height and colour. I didn’t want anyone standing beside each other with the same colour or style (2 of them have the same style) so I had to work the order out a couple different times. But my main priority was height, then colour and it just happened to work out very nicely. As for the guys, they’ll all wear wine coloured ties, as that’s what my fiancé wants them in!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, and what colour of tie/s are your groomsmen wearing?
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay an additional question for you. Did you arrange their orders based on the colour they have, or did you assign them a colour based on the order you have them in? (Or neither? Lol, did you just say pick whatever you want and already have their standing order/their colour didn't influence the order)
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 5
    I don’t have a photo of all of them together, my wedding isn’t until October. This is the order they’ll be standing in, from right-left.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I tried to add a pic with the groomsmen but it didn't show up! But yes the groomsmen ties matched the bridesmaid. So 3 had blue ties and 3 had purple. They wore navy suits
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you recall what tie colours they put their groomsmen in? (did it match a bridesmaid?)

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's a couple pics from my MOHs wedding! (I was her MOH)Show me your mismatched wedding party looks! 6

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics