Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2023 Ontario

Should we get a Videographer

Alexandra, on February 2, 2023 at 09:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
Hello all! I have been debating if we should get videography done at our wedding or not. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on February 2, 2023 at 17:05
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We elected to have one. BUT we did not have the big pocket that goes with having a videographer for the entire day with us - we instead hired someone to come a video just for the ceremony and any shots afterwards as a couple - so in total we booked for 1.5 hours.

This way it did not break the bank but we still get our most precious moment (the ceremony) filmed and with us forever.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and i didn't have one. We had our photographer for 12 hours and we didn't feel like the need to have one
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not, my friend had one at her wedding and they were getting in guest ways, there's a couple of times they bumped into me or blocked my view from seeing the important moments. I made sure to be up front and center during their first dance because I am short, and I was recording them dancing and they just stood in front of me. On guy bumped into me and I dropped my phone, didn't say sorry. Same at the ceremony I am short made sure I got the aisle, so no one blocks me, and they had so many other options, but they just blocked my view.

Not sure if they are all like that, where they just don't care, I had to delete a lot of my videos because I'd be filming and then they would just stand in front of me. It was annoying to be honest. The photographer was good, he stayed out of people's way. or he would go to a spot and if he was blocking someone he would move.

It's not a must have, I can live without it.

• Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not having one either, just photographer. I know that everyone will have their phone out recording anyways speeches etc. (like I usually do Smiley smile ) I will ask people to upload all videos for me

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alexandra,

We did not look into having one as I was pretty satisfied with just having a photographer. However I've seen some beautiful videos of wedding days and I feel like it's always so nicely put together but for us, we didn't have it so we didn't miss it and looking back on the photos when they came in was special enough Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics