Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Super October 2019 Ontario

Should i wax my armpits?!

Katelyn, on August 7, 2019 at 11:22 Posted in Beauty 0 23
Guys I don't wax. I dont do anything with my body hair except shave it off. But I'm thinking maybe to defeat dark patches I might want to have my armpits waxed. But I've never had it done. Should I just not worry about it? Or should I do it and when?would 3 days prior be okay or what? Help!

23 Comments

Latest activity by Ann1, on August 16, 2019 at 20:52
  • A
    Beginner March 2020 Alberta
    Ann1 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never done it in going mid-September for wedding October 19th, and then 3-4 days b4
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lmfao that is fantastic!
  • Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amen to that!!!! You’re getting married, if they’re worried about your pits, rescind their invite Smiley xd

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg LOL 😂😂 But like, TRUE.

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good idea. I've decided to just shave. My guy doesn't care and honestly if anyone is looking at my armpits that closely they are way too weird for my liking. So you know.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been thinking about it as well! I think that I'm going to go in for a test before the wedding though, so like early September and see how it goes?

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Get them waxed two days before! Just go get everything waxed it will be way easier, I’m also not a waxed however I will not be in the mood for shaving then
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don't know if the risk is worth the reward personally. Think I'm going to just shave.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it was my first time haha! My skin sucks too so I gave myself a couple days for the swelling and redness to go away
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    But was it your first time? Everyone on here has been saying that if I've never done it before and because I have sensitive skin I might have a bad reaction.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YUP DO IT! i got mine done and it hurt like hell but its so worth it. I have dark armpits too and you couldn't tell. I did mine 3 days out and im sitting here almost a week after wedding day and im just starting to get baby hairs growing back.

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely, don't go for your first wax days before your wedding just in case you go red, or swell up etc!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’ll wanna go for waxes a couple times before the big day so your skin get accustomed to it. I wouldn’t do it for the first time ever right before the wedding. You won’t know how your skin can react
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I have super sensitive skin. Part of my hesitation. Oh yes I know the Joy's!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister in law does and it loves it, but like Valerie said you have to let it grow out before going back, and then just keep up with it.

How do you find your skin? Are you super sensitive?

I used to get my eyebrows waxed and then the last time I went, I broke out and had horrible little bumps all over. I would wax, but scared that I will break out lol!

The joys of being a woman!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah same but it was just that I waxed my legs and hated it and never looked back. Until now...
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My personal preference is shaving. I only wax my eyebrows.

My mom had an awful waxing experience and I just can’t bring myself to try anything other than shaving.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's not really a problem for me as even though I shave I don't do it regularly so sometimes I'm waiting that long anyways. And as far as the pain I'm sure it does but having 4 tattoos and 8 piercings in my life I think I'm good. Also I've waxed my legs before.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh goodness no thank you about doing it regularly Smiley xd
    But I will look into sugaring. Thanks.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not going to tell you whether or not you should do it, but I will tell you about my own experience.

I have my standing appointments for waxing, and my skin has gotten used to it + I follow the after-care religiously (no shower/exercise for 24h after the waxing ie. keep the area dry!).
    Not gonna sugar coat it, it hurts, but it's worth it! The only downside, is that you have to let the hair grow out a while to work: about 4-5 weeks after a fresh shave.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would suggest sugaring if they have that near you instead of waxing- its better for the skin and lot less painful. If you want to have the waxing done I would recommend to start it regularly now so its easy time your wedding happens

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yikes! That's awful.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just shave- waxing hurts and doesn't always turn out nice- I did a full body wax right before a vacation and you have to grow it out for so long and then mine didn't look nice it was red some parts bled and looked blotchy for few days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics