Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Should i plan my wedding

Michelle, on May 14, 2020 at 13:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
We are still in the beginning stages of planning...we haven't booked anything...should I bother planning nor wait till covid is done? We have a year 2022... Since that will be 10 years we've been together and my kids will Be a little older...on top of that we figured with everyone rescheduling their weddings for next year we probably won't get the dates we want

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on July 12, 2020 at 14:03
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I highly recommend booking whatever you can now because once the contracts are signed you are locked in for this years prices.We have been together almost 12 years and were getting married this August until covid.We started booking vendors way back in 2018 and they all happily moved the date to 2021 for no extra fees.My photographer and DJ had a valentines special back in 2018 where the offered 40% off of a combined all day package..I scored them both for $1500 so I’m 100% on the book early bandwagon.Their rates have since increased and will continue to do so 😉
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would book the venue maybe you can get cheaper pricing by booking early. plus its fun to plan your wedding so why not book early who cares!!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning doesn't have to mean spending. You can certainly start to plan by coming up with budgets and a savings plan. I would leave any spending, including venue deposits, until covid dies down though.

I know a lot of people are saying book that date before it's gone but considering it's likely your biggest expense (if venue includes catering), I wouldn't put money down unless you can get a thorough walkthrough of the place, sort out all the potential questions you may have and are satisfied with what they're offering you before you sign.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked my venue almost two years before my date before there was any problems with covid and with covid people may be postponing into 2022. My wedding is booked for Feb 2021, however if I can't have the minimum amount of people by then I'll have to reschedule into 2022. I think the next two years will have weddings booked fast. I would secure my date asap. 2021 dates are almost gone at most venues not having any Saturday dates left with rebooking and now everyone will be looking at 2022.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start booking things as soon as possible since vendors and venues fill up fast. Also some couples that are postponing this year because of covid might be thinking of 2022 instead of 2021.

I personally started booking vendors and my venue for my August 8 2020 wedding back in 2018. But now we've had to postpone until August 7 2021

• Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It would be great to start gathering some ideas, make lists of vendors you're interested in, etc. Also, with so many 2020 weddings cancelled, I imagine things will be booking up fast over the next few years, so it never hurts to start early Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start booking though some venues may open than others to go look and get pricing. The vendors to make a team is also helpful to get done as the biggest obstacle out of the way.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can definitely start! Booking in 2020 for 2022 could lock in lower prices for you which is a nice bonus. The first stages of planning are usually figuring out the who, then when, and the how much so you can start figuring out how many guests you want and what time of year you like, and most importantly how much you're willing to spend.

I would wait on things like the dress and bridesmaids dresses incase trends or your style change. But start looking at venues and photographers.
  • Michelle
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks, ladies . We wanted a destination wedding but my fiance doesn't think it's a good idea n e more so now we are planning here in Toronto.

• C
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with you Michelle! I was thinking of having our wedding in March of 2022 to give us enough time to save money and to be able to get the date we want with all the postponed weddings from this year (2020). My fiancé made a good point because we don’t know what’s going to happen so do we wait to plan and book anything until this virus is gone for good or do we start planning in the new year? I’m at a complete loss as well as to what to do. Sorry I can’t help you but just to know we’re in this together Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can start planning but I wouldn’t book anything unless you see it in person. Plus- make sure that you have something in the contract to protect you in case you have to postpone your date due to something similar like COVID happening. Obviously we hope it doesn’t but I’d make sure to have it in just in case. We had to postpone from August of this year to next year and most of our vendors have been great... but others have tried to charge more. So just bear that in mind Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics