Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony

Casey, on June 21, 2019 at 23:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 36

Hey everybody!

My wedding is on September 7th this year and I can't for the life of me decide what shoes to wear!!

It'll be an outdoor ceremony at my grandparent's farm followed by a reception in the town nearby.

I have 2 pairs of shoes currently picked out but I want to be comfy. One is a pair of almost stilettos, BEAUTIFUL but not practical for the grass or for wearing for a long time. The other is a cute pair of wedge heel velvet boots with embroidery, super comfy but maybe too warm for the early fall day.

What kind of shoes did you choose?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on August 12, 2019 at 21:10
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having an outdoor wedding and the shoes I’ll be wearing are block heels. wedge is too casual for me (even the glam ones) and stiletto will just not be comfortable for several hours (I’m no longer 22 drunk at a club and not noticing the pain lol). I haven’t gotten them yet but I saw tons online that I like

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony is outdoors and the wedding party will all be wearing cowboy boots, even my flower girl. I think only one person doesn't own boots but they are borrowing a pair.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose cute little white tennis shoes absolutely covered in iridescent glitter and confetti. They are so fab but so practical.
  • Tamara
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ceremony is outdoors as well. I picked wedges for me and flats for the girls so no one is sinking haha.

• Sheri-Lyn
    Frequent user May 2022 Ontario
    Sheri-Lyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My ceremony is outdoors in the grass as well and I am thinking wedges and maybe switching to some nice birkenstock sandles as I live in them or some nice flat sandles Smiley smile

• Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!!! Those are stunning
  • Judice
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Judice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For grass, probably wedges are the best way to go.

I've used the plastic covers for heels in the past and they've worked beautifully except for the one wedding I went to where the grass was a little damp from the rain the previous day. #shambles

I just bought my shoes from aldo today!

Wedding shoes Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 1

I plan on using them for my bachelorette party as well because I can't justify buying shoes for only one day!

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They make these little plastic things that go on your heels so you can walk in grass easily if you are obsessed with the stilettos. maybe for the reception just wear a pair of flats?

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a steal! The thick, low heel will be super comfy to wear all day 👌🏻
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OOHHHHH cute!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you get heel protectors, you can wear the stilettos until you don't want to anymore, and then the boots after. Nobody really sees the shoes so it's totally up to what you want to wear and how you want to feel and how each pair makes you feel.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are the shoes I chose!! Originally $128 and I got them at the Bay for $48!!!!!

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 2

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 3
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't read through the other responses, but have you considered wearing 2 pairs of shoes? The wedges for the ceremony and the stilettos for the reception?

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Comfortable does not = ugly! you can always find a pair of shoes that are both comfortable and stylish. I agree with a wedge.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having two pairs of shoes! The first pair I have to DIY as I want a wedge ombre of purple and blue sparkles - but this is my second pair:

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 4

I will most likely only be able to wear the flat shoes for a couple hours at most because of how high of an arch I have, but they were so pretty and will be getting married outside so needed something that I won't lose my balance with.

• Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got these from amazon hopefully it will do the job for my outdoor wedding too. And hey! My wedding is on September 7th too!🙂

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 5
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looks like I need to go to Winners!!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really like those!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in an outdoor wedding yesterday and I wore shoes with a very low heel and super comfy! They were from Italian Shoemakers - highly recommend them!

• Adrienne
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Adrienne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just bought these at Aldo! They are comfortable but still have a heel that is sturdy. It’s pretty low but adds a bit of height 😊

Shoes for Outdoor Ceremony 6
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol thanks! She has to get into everything 😹
  • Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are awesome. Cute cat too
  • Dionne
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always been the girl in a killer pair of heels. I'm rocking heels for the walk down the aisle. I bought some of those heel protectors for outdoors/grassy areas since we are having our entire wedding at a golf club. A good friend of mine is making me a pair of crystal barefoot sandals to dance the night away since I also love going barefoot. Whatever you choose will work for you. Good luck
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Outside on the grass? Flats or wedges for sure! You'll regret fighting and stumbling around in heels in the grass when you should be enjoying your day!

• Lussierk00@outlook.com
    Curious January 2020 Manitoba
    Lussierk00@outlook.com ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say if you are wanting some heel but don't want to be in pain all day, seriously consider looking into a pair of ballroom shoes. They've got height (there's options on how high) and they are designed to dance in for hours as a time. You can get opened or closed toed. They shouldn't hurt, they should be comfortable and you won't have to take them off on the dance floor. This is what I'm looking to get for my wedding as well. Check out any dance supply store or online!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked a pair of white flats from Spring Shoes.

I'll be walking down on a gravel aisle, so I wanted something that would be comfy and offer me some sort of support! Honestly, this works out perfectly, since I very rarely wear heels and don't want to have to switch out shoes throughout the night!

I've also bought a pair of white toms in case I change my mind on those other flats!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedges are easier for the grass and nobody sees your shoes under your dress. Comfortability should come first over anything. Changing into another outfit can go with the silhouettes to wear.

• Audra
    Beginner October 2019 Alberta
    Audra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I chose a pair of ankle cowboy style booties that play off my colours, and that will be flat and comfy since we are also having a fall outdoor ceremony.

From experience being MOH in my best friends wedding, I wore stilettos for the outdoor ceremony. My heels got stuck in the grass, and I lost my shoes walking down the aisle. So word of advice if you go this route, apparently they sell little discs that go on the bottom of your heels for outdoor ceremonies. I suggest investing in these if you go with the stilettos lol.
  • Maria
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing nude coloured Franco Sarto leather sandals with not wedge, but thick heel, (thick enough to not sink into grass). Then changing into pointy Nine West flats in nude for dancing and reception. My wedding is in the thick of summer however, so definitely don't want to be too hot. The amazing thing about leather, is how incredibly comfortable it is. Really feels like second skin. Bought both pairs from Winners, so they were a steal of course. $60 each pair! Good luck! Your boots sound beautiful! I would choose those and have the others as back up.

Wedding ShoesShoes for Outdoor Ceremony 7

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Y'all are so right 😂 my dress is long so nobody will know! I love the idea of cute converse
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m with the other ladies! Definitely wedges or flats!
  • Toni Rose
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Toni Rose ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is your dress long? I would def recommend bridal-looking flats if your dress covers your feet.

I'm wearing the bridal shoes from the keds x kate spade collection Smiley laugh they come in a few different styles and colours to match the wedding dress. My dress is blush coloured so I'm thinking of getting the rose-gold glittery pair - super comfy, under $200 and you can wear them after the wedding!

Someone on here also advised me to use their welcome coupon which gives you 10% or 20% off.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics