Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Shoes - buy in store or online

Malyssa, on January 31, 2022 at 15:32 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 31

Hello fellow brides!!

I had the most exciting phone call last week - my wedding dress was ready to be picked up....about 3 months early!!! I am over the moon to have my dress and already have my alterations lined up. But now I am thinking about shoes, as I'd like to have them PRIOR to my alterations appointment.

My question to you all is - if you have your shoes, did you buy them online or in store?

Shoes can be such a tough one, as you want them to be comfy, as you'll be in them for a long time, and this can be tough online BUT can also be tough in person too!! (I remember I bought my shoes for my besties wedding in person, and was dying by dinner lol - they need test runs for heels!!)

If you did buy online - where did you buy?? Love hearing your recommendations!

31 Comments

Latest activity by Alyx, on February 10, 2022 at 15:21
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What size and style do you like ? I could help you find some!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are pretty ! Haha 😬😍
    Have you looked on your local Facebook market place!!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for the reply!! I think I’ve fallen in love with the Badgley Mischka ones 😊 Trying to find the best place to buy them!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The badgley Mishkia your wondering about if they are comfy or the Steve maddens?
    Both designers have found to be comfortable! But I’m also choosing a block heel which is usually more comfy!
    https://www.stevemadden.ca/collections/womens-heels/products/irener-silver-multi
    They have them in several colours!
  • Danielle
    Frequent user April 2022 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    After deciding not to splurge on Loefller Randall, these are the ones I’ve been eyeing!! Have you tried them on - Do they seem comfy? Would you mind sharing the link to the Steve Madden ones too? My alterations appointment has snuck up on me and I need to panic buy shoes now 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought mine off Amazon and surprisingly, they are pretty comfortable.

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah thank you for the Amazon link!!
    I’ve tried the David’s bridal ones on, just waiting for my size to be in stock
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I found these dupes!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NRKRQSL?ascsubtag=amzn1.infl.us.product&linkCode=sl1&tag=katieengelkin-20&linkId=5dcf837b627d6266c6e6384244423e4b&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

I also found that David’s bridal may have a dupe for them !

• Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t heard of the real real, I’ll check it out!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I looked at those too 😍 , so beautiful!! Check out market place and the real real.com and poshmark!
    You maybe be able to find used ones for cheap!
    Mine are used but don’t have a scratch on anything on them!
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So pretty! I’m eyeing the Loeffler Randall camellia, but they’re such a splurge!
  • Ashley
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im wearing cowboy boots under my dress comfort level for me ! I got mine from the western shoe company ☺️
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my shoes from browns shoes two years ago this month!!😭😭😭 I’m dying to wear it
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!! It’s hard to tell in the photo but the flower are actually tulle fabric ☺️ They are super cute!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alyx your shoes are absolutely gorgeous!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh fair enough! Yes they do look cute in dancing pics! 😉 Shoes - buy in store or online 1
    Tom's has some cute wedding styles too I think!
  • Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OOOOOOOO I love the color of those shoes! great find! I gotta start looking at sales/deals haha #frugallife

OMG yes! I don't think I have ever worn a pointy heel, just not my jam! I'm a wedge kinda girl so if I do a heel, gotta be CHONKY.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh boy - you all are picking such great choices. A little bit of sparkle is so nice!

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You got me leaning more towards a sneaker than a heel! I kinda already wanted to switch shoes when the dancing started and they look so cute in photos! Might just have to look elsewhere as I want to love keds but every time I get a pair, they hurt my toes! Just a bit too narrow.

• Laura
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Shoes - buy in store or online 2
    Brown's is great about their return policy, even for online orders. They didn't have my size available in store so I tried a different colour on for the fit, and had my size shipped straight to my house. Took a 10 days to arrive, but the size was shipping from a store in Quebec.

These are my wedding shoes! I didn't want to be towering over my fiance so I went with a little block heel. I also wanted something blingy but still comfortable to be on my feet all day. Super sparkly in person and very comfortable! I didn't mind the price because it's a style I'd use again for another function.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    P.s block heel is always going to be more comfortable than pointy heel! 😌
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted badgley mischka heels soooo badly but they are around 300 dollars.. I ended up finding them for 80 bucks on therealreal.com in my
    size!! 🍀 I did get duty fees but it was only 9 dollars
    If I wasn’t going to get the badgley mischka I would’ve got Steve Madden in the same style of heel they are my tried and true… Comfortable and inexpensive
    These are them 😍https://pin.it/Zu8tPOy
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    There are constantly sales but honestly, you're paying for quality and comfort when it comes to Keds (I'll never sacrifice that in shoes). A bit of a mark up for Kate Spade's name, yes, but the resale value is great! I sold them for $75 I think.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a pair of boots that I bought for my winter wedding...however it'll be in June now. My dress is floor length on me so I don't want to get heels. I bought a couple boxes of rescue flats for my guests to kick their heels off later in the night and I have seriously just been considering using a pair of them. No one will see my shoes so I don't really care. I'm 5'9" and definitely dont need heels.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought them at le chateau before they closed!
  • Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh those are super cute - where did you get those?? Very much a style I like.

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh good idea! I hadn't thought of looking at other sites. I looked on keds site and just couldn't justify the price of those shoes because I know Im just paying for the name attached haha

• C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine online from Keds but then got them at a better price online at The Bay. I prefer ordering online but always make sure it's easy and free returns. So easy to sell after!
    Shoes - buy in store or online 3

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sorta did both. I was looking on le chateaus website before they closed and they had a pair I loved on their site so my MOH went to the store and got them for me. The key to heels is making sure you break them in well before before wedding. My wedding is in 3.5 months and I plan on starting to wear my shoes around the house this week
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine in store I hate shopping online I wanna physically see something before I buy them
    These are mine
    Shoes - buy in store or online 4

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the store you're eyeing has a good return policy, I would do online especially if they have free shipping. It depends on the store and how much you're willing to pay for the shoes but as a guy, I find shoe stock levels for in-person shopping to be hit and miss. Probably because they have to make room in the store for the seasonal stuff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics