Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Shoes

Hank, on April 28, 2021 at 07:33 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
For those who are having weddings outdoors (particularly on grass), are you still wearing heels?

Are the gents wearing leather shoes or are they opting for something more casual for walking on grass/sand/?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on June 4, 2021 at 13:20
  • Alexandra
    Beginner August 2021 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married outside. My fiance will be in leather shoes. I found some block heels I love on Etsy. I tried to find flats but couldn't find any I loved.

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in a outdoor courtyard and I am 100% wearing heels still. I do have wedges to switch into later but I just couldn't find a block heel that I loved.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

But imagine how you could've re-enacted the dip from your engagement shoot! Smiley laugh

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Urban outfitters but like 4 or 5 years ago so I’m not sure you’d be able to find these exact ones.
    ModCloth might have something similar 😊
  • Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cute sandals for me! We are having a backyard summer wedding, but I have really bad feet so heels aren’t much of an option for me. That and my FH and I are pretty near the same height (I’m a tall gal) so if I were to wear heels it might look awkward for pictures. But the dress style I want is very whimsical and boho, so I think that sandals would be a good fit.

For my FH, he’ll be wearing a kilt, so he’ll probably end up with leather shoes, as (like mentioned previously) something more casual would probably look pretty funny with his outfit. There is of course the traditional shoe that is worn with the highland attire, but he’s opted for the plain leather shoes for re-wearability purposes.
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So fun! I love Converse, though I find the lack of support hurts my arches and I often have to put inserts in them.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right?! I'm excited to have us get photos with us in them 😆 I got my purple ones from Journeys on a Boxing Day sale. FH got his from the Converse website since we couldn't find yellow ones anywhere else.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we changed our plans to a beach wedding I was super glad I had always planned on wearing sneakers. I'm uncoordinated enough without adding heels *and* uneven surfaces!
  • Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are so cute and ive been looking for something similar!! Where are these from?
  • Abbie
    Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love that! Where did you get them from?
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore these for my wedding, which was outdoors. Block heels like these are super easy for walking on grass and I've worn them to other outdoor weddings too. Highly recommend over something like heel stoppers unless there is a very particular pair of heels someone wants to wear.

Shoes 1

Full disclosure though - I did switch into blundstones while we were taking pictures in the forest. Mostly because I was freezing and the bottom of my dress was wet and we were going off trail lol. If your dress covers your feet anyway, might as well be comfy lol.

My husband wore leather shoes the entire day, but his shoes were also very visible because he wore a kilt. Any other shoes would have looked weird with his outfit.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be wearing heels but more of a block heel. They're much easier to walk in on the grass and such. My fiance will be wearing I think blue or brown shoes

Shoes 2

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance is wearing new black shoes. I can't walk on the grass and sand in the heels I have so I got my mom to make me deerskin moccasins. Are you and your fiance changing your shoes for the day?
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not wearing heels. I'm clumsy enough in heels on a level surface, so to even attempt to walk elegantly on grass is just not happening lol. I bought a pair of Converse in one of our wedding colours and then FH thought it would be a cool idea if he wore our other colour, also Converse.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will still be wearing heels. I was originally dead set on flats buy my Fiancé is almost 1ft taller than me and I thought some added height for myself might be a good thing in pictures.
    I have bought 2 pairs of heels (thanks to Le Chateaus closing sale) one pair is a thicker block heel and the other is a wedge heel!

Not really sure what my Fiancé is doing for shoes. He said he wants to buy new ones

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics