Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Frequent user October 2021 Ontario

Sharing Wedding Websites

Kristen, on June 11, 2020 at 18:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
Hello brides !
I am wondering how people have been sharing their wedding websites with guests ? I made the mistake of not including them in my STDs so now it’s either I send it to each person directly or sharing it to my social media (which is private but not exclusive to guests). How did you share yours? We’re you open with it to things like social media?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Linttvar, on June 14, 2020 at 16:41
  • Linttvar
    Newbie March 2021 British Columbia
    Linttvar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered Save the Dates and customized the back to put additional information, including our website. That way it still looked nice and formal from the front, but still had all needed info on the back on one card. They turned out great, and since there was already the flower design on the back, the additional information looked really nice and flowed well on the card.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Vinod! I have peoples home addresses but never got all their email addresses which would’ve been wise in hindsight. I definitely love all the info on the site but wanted a good way to share it with guests. I may end up having to doing a private facebook group or something.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sharing the website isn't a bad idea for guests to see the information as needed for the event location and time. Other information to good to know as well.

My cousin set their invitation online and shared the password to all the guests to view for venue locations, time and attire. Hotel booking and location too being handy to go direct.

The choice is up to you as long as you are sharing the password provided so they see what is for them and not yours. The RSVP is set for guests to sign into your names and reply as I did for my parents for someone.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Tori ! Good to know it’s something others are doing as well Smiley smile
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Vanessa said - I think the best bet would be to make a Private FB group where you can post the wedding website link. (My Cousin in-law made a FB page before she sent out invites and made a wedding website because she wanted to get a feel for how many people would be able to come as well as to let us know far in advance for hotels because she only sent out invitations like 2 months before their wedding)

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes anything goes at this point!

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!!

I haven't been to a wedding where anyone did anything online either so this is a brand new concept I think for me personally. With what's going on in the world plus a lot of people want to save on the cost of some items, more people are moving towards the online RSVP. I'm definitely a little old school and love actual invitations but for a COVID19 update, I think online is the best way to go.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t know that ! I used WeddingWire, I’ll definitely look into that, thank you !! I don’t mind some things shared but more the details of the locations and times that I would rather keep private
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Depending on which site you used, you can leave certain pages or tabs open to the public and certain ones private. So you could leave covid info public but things like RSVP and event details are private, accessible only via email login and password that you give via invitations.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ! We were going to just send with the invites but we had to postpone because of covid so I wanted to maybe share it with guests earlier or possibly with our postponement announcement
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I was going to send it on the invites but because we’re postponing due to covid I heard some people were using their website but I won’t be sending invites until next year now but have also sent save the dates. I also wasn’t sure if people shared their site openly or if it was more just with guests exclusively
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless there's something you need to trek people between now and when the invites go out, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We shared ours with our invites, and our guests just end up calling me for info anyway 😂 I wouldn’t worry too much about it right now. You could send it individually or wait for the invites.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We put it on our save the dates and invites. you can also text email or fb message your guests

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea ! I haven’t really been to a wedding where Ive seen someone do that. I don’t think everyone would be included but it would be all the people on Facebook which is where most would see it anyway. Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

Are you able to setup a private facebook page/event and add all of your guests to it (that have facebook) and then whoever doesn't, send them a letter in the mail to let them know the address?

For us, we added a COVID-19 insert with our STD's but that was only because our vendor was supplying them. We were debating on how to tell our guests about our wedding website and a facebook group exclusive to our guests was our second option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics