Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mackenzie
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Shape wear

Mackenzie, on March 27, 2022 at 17:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7
Hi everyone!
I go for my first dress fitting in June. I just had a baby 4 months ago and still have 15 pounds to lose(which is hard, but im trying!) I have a bit of a mom pouch as one would call it and i was looking into getting some shape wear to wear under my dress. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Mackenzie, on April 25, 2022 at 16:08
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know what you mean! I have suchva bad knees and back from a car accident so it has been hard to workout. I bought the Shapermint shape wear. Just waiting for it to arrive! Dont worry about what the seamstress say, they have a job for a reason. Its crazy how much they charge, if its a small adjustment then i dont see why it should be almost the same cost a your dress! Good luck!
  • Bel
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for asking this question! I need to find shapewear also. Great suggestions. I have a dress from almost over a year ago that fit perfectly, but Covid, stress, all the fun stuff that goes with it and Ive gained some weight. When I went for a fitting, they made me feel awful and basically like they had to put in Sooooo much work to make it fit. I wanted to cry. and also charge me almost the same price as the dress to alter it. I am 60 days away from the big day, and I am trying so hard to lose the weight, but the added stress isnt helping. Maybe shapewear, or an off the rack dress.... sorry for rambling. thanks, bel

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its definitely difficult! Ill look into Knix!
  • Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am in the same boat as you.

We decided to have a baby since we have been rescheduling our wedding since 2020 and I didn’t want COVID to slow down our family. I am so happy I have an A-line dress so it hid my pregnant belly when we did a small intimate ceremony. Now we are doing our full grand wedding and reception this year and I can’t seem to lose this mom pouch and the last 15 pounds to get back to prep pregnancy weight. I so far have found Knix to be helpful for shapewear.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out LAURA. They carry the brand Naomi & Nicole

• Mackenzie
    Mackenzie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! 🥰
    And thank you for the suggestion, ill have to check it out!
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! 🤍 remember Go east on yourself! My biggest regret is pressuring myself to lose my baby weight, my son is 1 now and I’m still working on loving my new body , but I love my dress so much! it will look great no matter if my mom pouch is showing!
    That being said I know it feels more comfortable to cover sometimes!
    My bridal consultant suggested Kim Kardashian’s shapewear called skims , she swears by it! But I found similar versions on Amazon that work great!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics