Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie May 2018 British Columbia

Setting a date

Nicole, on October 27, 2017 at 02:04 Posted in British Columbia 0 10
Hi brides to be! I was wondering if you guys put alot of thought into picking a date to get married or did you just pick whatever date that was available? Or did you just knew what season you wanted? We picked a day that was cheaper for us and whatever was available and after we realized that our wedding falls on Mother's day but it's too late to change it now.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Dani, on November 9, 2017 at 14:18
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked ours based on the location's special deal for winter weddings. That narrowed down the months, we picked February because we thought it might be easier for our out of town family to come into town. Narrowing down the Sat. was funny because we really didn't care about the day. We decided not to make it on a long weekend and then I looked at my work schedule and based it off of that haha. My boss isn't in the week leading up to the wedding so less stress for me and I can take some time off for beauty appointments and such.

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked our date according to the season we wanted either late Spring or late Summer and also by the venue availability since I absolutely wanted our reception to be at that specific place.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always wanted to get married in October because of the colours of the leaves and how the colour purple would look. Then with how hard it was to attempt to get time off for work for a family vacation we decided to change it to mid August. And than we found out that my FH's cousin was getting married on the same day and booked the same caterer, etc and had to switch the date. I liked the original August date 08/18/18 as it looked wonderful on paper and 8's if you look up the number is pretty significant and there are a lot of 8's in our life. So now its 08/04/18. As my future husband puts it I am marrying the man of my dreams 2 weeks earlier which is true. Thankfully the caterer is still available and our venues which we haven't made up our mind about his parents or my parents place our both still available. The tent situation we are still working out as well. Lots of fun! Good luck on the wedding planning.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew we wanted late August - early September, and we knew the venue we wanted. When we went to book it, we just kind of picked it by random! The only thing we wanted to stay away from was booking on a long weekend

• Nicole
    Newbie May 2018 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I'm not worried about it falling on Mother's day I just think people won't attend because of that.
  • K
    Newbie August 2018 British Columbia
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I based mine on season and the possibility of certain guests being able to attend. Mother's day changes each year so your anniversary won't always fall on that day, I wouldn't worry about that Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to get married in the summer, since there are lots of out of town/province guests. The venue I really wanted had only one Saturday available. We could've chosen a Friday or Sunday, but we thought Saturday was better for those who would just come for the weekend.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to get married in the fall. I would have liked October, but my daughter and her husband were attending his sister's wedding in England at that time. The venue had September 24th available and being a Sunday, it was less expensive. We chose that day.

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted to get married in late summer/early fall but were keeping it open. When we found the venue we wanted, they only had three weekends left in August & September 2018 so we choose one of them!
  • Stacy
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our date was mainly chosen because of our venue! We both knew we wanted to have our wedding late summer/early fall. The corn fields aren't plowed yet around the end of August and my FH thought it would be nice to have the crops up for our day! So i told him to just pick a date in August and he picked the 24th !

At the end of the day pick whichever date you guys want! It's your day ! If there is a cheaper day go with that too. Whatever you guys want !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics