Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ilish
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Set church ceremony times?

Ilish, on July 31, 2018 at 21:29 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
I am waiting in anticipation for an answer from the church we hope to be married at! They have agreed to marry us on a Saturday but now waiting for a time! We did things backwards and signed our reception first as that was a major focal point to our wedding. Our reception is at 6pm so hoping our ceremony can be close to 4pm. If not ... any suggestions on how to keep our guests entertained?!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on August 23, 2018 at 23:27
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since it's at a church, it will likely have a hall where you could set up a coffee table and some sweets. That should keep people occupied for a while Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony is at 2pm! Probably till 3ish as it will be a full mass. Some photos outside till 330 and then cocktail hour starts at 530! Honestly people never seem to mind the wait! As long as it isnt like 4 or 5 hours in between most people expect a small gap between ceremony or reception! Dont stream about that too much!
  • Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have cocktail hour. I’m getting married at a church as well but there aren’t set times. I know some guests like to go home if they’re close which is what I’ve done when there’s a bigger gap
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes. did you hear back?
    I picked my reception venue first too. because I was open to where the ceremony was (and also knew I could use my reception venue as a ceremony place if I couldn't find anything).

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Normally, group photos will be taken and food will be served between the ceremony and reception. I think that should be enough to kill 2 hours.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ilish, did you hear back from your venue? What time is your ceremony?

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose our reception venue first before even looking at any ceremony locations. We really wanted a unique location especially considering the majority of our time will be spent there. We will be having a 3pm ceremony and a 5:30pm dinner. We will be doing cocktails no hors d'oeuvres and we will have our photo booth and reception games set up for the guests until we arrive.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married at 1:30 and our reception starts at 5. We’re doing cocktail hour and giving guest a chance to freshen up etc.

Have you thought of perhaps giving some sightseeing spots or even a cocktail hour? Outdoor games at the venue?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics