Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

September 2023 Brides and Grooms How we doing?

Carine, on August 16, 2023 at 10:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 25

September Brides and Grooms, how are we doing? Clod feet? Stress? are you done and chilling or stressing and can't breathe?

I have the seating chart to do, waiting for our appointment for our Wedding license and my seamstress pushed back my dress fitting to September 3rd, a little stressed but it will come together I am sure of it.

Do you need support, ideas, encouragement, we are here to support each other.

25 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 25, 2023 at 11:20
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I will for sure share them!!!

• Daniella
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Sending you lots of love too wedding sister! Excited to see your pics and updates ♥️
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe Danielle, I hope you feel better, not in the same boat, but getting pregnant while planning a wedding is exhausting and hard on the body. I love your message to remember to stop and enjoy your day and to take breaks as it's a lot of stress, pressure. We are almost there my wedding sister.

Wishing you all the best Smiley heart

• Daniella
    Daniella ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Ladies! I’m September 30th, 37 days to go! I can hardly believe it’s just over a month away. I’m both stressed and overwhelmed, but excited. I have lots of chronic health issues. So I’ve spent a few days in bed. I told myself I wasn’t going ti do anything but rest today. But too many emails and demands to be met, I’m finally just settling in. I feel like I’ve done a lot, but there is also so much to do. I’m finally letting my bridesmaids and family help abit cause it’s so much to do on your own. I mostly have Signage, timelines, music and some decor to sort, as well as paying vendors. I hope you are all being kind to yourselves and remember to stop and enjoy your day once it’s here. Sending a ton of love to you all ♥️♥️
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friend's wedding after the ceremony people just mingled or sat at their tables and waited until everything was ready, It went by so fast.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am telling everyone who asks me about wedding and I tell them just Elope. I wished we did.

But then again the baby kind of changed our plan for the wedding and future, but she's a miracle and wouldn't change it for the world.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same i've planned everything, only thing he helped was getting the boys together and suited, and helped me with designing our decorations that we used the cricut.

Being pregnant not, he's stepping up a little more.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My emotions are a mix of being pregnant, the wedding stress and jitters and thinking I have everything together but I'm afraid I don't.

It seems normal to have all these emotions.

We got this and it will be all worth it.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's only 30 min, honestly people who haven't seen each other will mingle, others will wait around and play games. You also don't want to start cocktail hour too early and have people wasted before dinner. But 30 min will go by fast.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I mean let all the emotions out so that come the wedding it will just be happy emotions, seems like you are on track!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's easier said than done! Don't forget to delegate to your bridal party and family to help.

• A
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

High anxiety, high strung, had a mental break down last month. So, now I am trying to maintain the attitude of just letting go & letting things take their course.

We still have to get one groomsman suit, organize our cocktail hour appies, clean up the venue & set up, organize sound for the ceremony & do some rehearsals!

• A
    Avery ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am also in your boat! I have 130 person ceremony and dinner. How do you keep everyone entertained while you do your pictures and dinner prep.
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Brides! It's all normal, trust! The day will come and it will be beautiful.
  • Desirée
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    Desirée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m good actually. Everything we need to happen is booked. My dress fitting (shoulders) will happen in about two weeks. Shoes came. We are about to get Andrew’s shirt, his tie came from Australia last week. I haven’t decided on my hair, and my daughter and I will shop for makeup while I’m down visiting here these next 3 days. I think that’s it. Elopement has been way less stressful.
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Kate! 30 minutes isn't too bad, we looked at a venue that wanted 2 hours to do this, also with nothing for guests to do. I honestly think if you have games that time will go by pretty fast. If I were a guest and had to wait 30 minutes that would not bother me at all! I think closer to an hour and people might get bored, but I personally wouldn't worry about this if I were you (I am sure you have enough to worry about already!)

• Lorri
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Lorri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nice to know we’re all in the same boat! Second wedding and I’m still going crazy! I’ve had a tension headache for 4 days! I’m sure the day itself will be magical … kinda regretting not eloping at this point 😆
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s nice to know how we are feeling is normal!!! I’m starting to think Honeymoons were specifically created for the frazzled bride who had to do it all herself because she needs a break! My FH (who also has not had to lift a finger to plan this wedding) wanted to go in Feb and I said absolutely not, I NEED this break, and we are going a couple weeks after the wedding.
  • Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Kate 😊 the happy far outweighs any nervousness for sure
  • J
    Jerika ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    30 days until we say I Do. And I’m a ball of anxiety most of the time. I even got pills from my doctor to help because I kept going into panic attacks!
    Basically been planning the whole wedding myself with some help from my mum. My fiancé didn’t even know we had a wedding website until people started to RSVP!
    I am at the point of if I haven’t thought about needing it. Then forget about it. I don’t care. I am just trying to get the the happy/excited time so I can stop worrying.
  • Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You basically described me to a T right now hahaha. I am all bunch of emotions. 17 days to go and we do have everything organized of what goes to the ceremony and the reception. RSVPs received, and the odd stuff still arriving in the mail which I am thankful to Etsy and Amazon for haha. Right now I feel nervous and then other times I'm super excited and then other times I just hope we did in fact think of everything we need. We are ready to go I feel but definitely feeling all kinds of emotions these days. I am definitely more excited over anything. It helps to know that after we are married, we head off to our honeymoon 2 days later which will be a great destresser haha.

• Kate
    Beginner September 2023 Alberta
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Jackie - I get the high anxiety for sure! I think that's pretty standard. I hope the happy feelings out weight the yucky ones.

The day will be fabulous, I hope you enjoy every moment of it!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

@Jackie - I get the high anxiety for sure! I think that's pretty standard. I just hope the happy feelings out weight the yucky ones.

The day will be fabulous, I hope you enjoy every moment of it!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would like a bit of advice. I'm 18 days out and feel I've got a good hold on things. However, last weekend we hit a bump in the road and changed our micro ceremony to allow our out-of-town friends and family. It went from 14 people to 40. I am not thrilled about this, but it is what it is. I am contacting all the new ceremony people to let them know they can attend the ceremony if they like. I am concerned that we have a 30 min window between the end of the ceremony and the start of cocktail hour. The venue needs this time to flip the room for dinner. Our guests will be able to be on the patio and play all the games we have brought but there will not be any bar service or snacks. Before it was just going to be our immediate family and we were going to do pictures so it didn't matter but now that there are more people, I am afraid they will be bored...

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a jumble of emotions! Pretty much ready, all RSVPs are in. Seating chart made, last minute items coming in the mail, license acquired. I had my second to last dress fitting yesterday and am so excited to wear it!! I am fine tuning my vows right now. I’m sentimental to begin with so right now just about anything wedding makes me tear right up 🥹 I’m running on high anxiety right now, … all the things I need to remember to bring for the big day, making sure all my vendors are set and my cake and decorations will show up. I can’t believe it’s come up so fast, we got engaged 8 months ago 🤯 I am sure everything is going to be fabulous and beautiful, I just wish I could chill out a bit! I’m somewhere between melting down from anxiety and happiness about 75% of the time lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics