Skip to main content
A
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

September 2021 - Planning a wedding

Alicia, on September 18, 2020 at 12:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Saved
Reply

Hi all,


We are looking to book either the Old Mill or Guild Inn for our September wedding and have received quotes from each. What I am concerned about is the pandemic. Do you think things will have settled done by then? Have you gone ahead with booking your 2021 wedding? I am worried if we book, things might get shut down again. We will only be having max 55 guests.

Any insight is appreciate. I know none of us can see the future.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2020 at 13:33
  • Ashley
    Newbie September 2021 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute

    We booked our wedding for September 2021 but the venue let us know at this time they are still implementing Covid measures so we should not have more than 50 guests, etc.

    We also made sure the contract had an "out" clause that would let us get a refund should the pandemic blow up again, or have the ability to reschedule without penalty.

    • Reply
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

    You should book the venue of your choice for next year feeling secured to have your celebration held with guests present. Any changes occur of the pandemic, you can always make a date change with the venue waiving the extra charge.

    • Reply
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute

    My fiance and I's wedding was supposed to be August 8 2020 but we postponed to August 7 2021 back in May. We're lucky enough all of our vendors and our venue have switched to our new date with no hassle. I would book your vendors and your venue as soon as possible because they fill up very fast and because since us brides have had to postpone to next year and for the couples that were already booked in for 2021 dates.

    We're also having a small wedding with probably 65-70 guests. That is if everyone will still want to attend and not afraid to travel. We're going ahead with our wedding as planned. If we have to change a few things with our wedding, then we will do so. We don't want to postpone another year since we've been engaged 2 and a half years already.

    • Reply
  • Joanne
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Joanne ·
    • Dispute
    We are planning our wedding for oct 10,2020 and we are signing contracts and making deposits today. The vendor, catering and photographer for us are unable to give a refund so we just clarified and made sure it was in the contract that we can reschedule to another date if needed without any additional charge. After hearing the news that Ontario will cut down on the social gatherings and such I am still nervous but my FH and I agreed if it were still bad by the time our wedding happens we will have to cut down and invite family only according to the limit and not reschedule. We currently have 160 on our list :/
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

    I completely agree! We are booked in 2021, originally 2020. The world may not be fully recovered next year. 2022 in my mind is probably the year to book. If I was in this situation, while keeping my knowledge of my current postponement, I wouldn’t schedule for 2021. I highly recommend reviewing contracts and possibly getting legal advice before signing, like christiana suggested. A smaller wedding helps a lot, but masks, and social distancing will most likely still be a thing in 2021. Who really knows though masks could still be a thing in 2022 lol choosing later in 2021 like you want is a good idea. At least there’s some time for a vaccine to be approved. It’s so hard not knowing what will happen in the next few months 😖

    • Reply
  • Olivia
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    Our wedding is October 23rd 2021 and we have booked everything as normal. I’m hopeful things will be much better by then! The only thing I’m definitely hesitant with is booking a honeymoon, we’ll be waiting it out for that.
    • Reply
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute

    If you're looking at deciding which of the two to choose, you should probably know about The Guild Inn's conduct during the pandemic. They have not been a pleasant partner to work with for many couples. You can google their news stories and reviews.

    I have friends getting married at the Old Mill and from what they tell me, you have to bring a lot of furniture vendors in to spruce the place up. Then again, they a bit picky so it might not be a factor for you.

    • Reply
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute

    If you want to be absolutely certain you can go ahead with a "normal" wedding I would probably wait until 2022 to be honest. Even if we have a vaccine by spring/summer next year it's going to take several months to administer it to everybody and to ensure it's actually effective. I'm expecting a very slow but steady relaxing of restrictions even once most people have the vaccine so the government can ensure there aren't any outbreaks.

    If you're okay with some restrictions like social distancing, no dancing, etc, I think you'll be fine since you're not planning on having many guests. Either way I would make sure there's something in your contract in your favour about postponing/cancelling due to covid and consider getting a lawyer to review it if there's a possibility of losing a large deposit.

    We need to find a new venue for our reception because our original venue is being demolished and we can't postpone. We're just waiting until things have calmed down completely before looking into booking a new space, as it could be quite a while and we want to avoid another postponement and the stress of not knowing what will happen.

    • Reply
  • Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    Hey! I wouldn’t do September as that’s when the cases started rising this year and also with back to school was concerning . I mean who knows things might be different, I would look into July or August and have a back up date! I lucked out and got married on the 12 while cases were still low
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics