Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Sephora for day of?

Samantha, on November 6, 2017 at 14:57 Posted in Beauty 0 16

Has anyone gone to Sephora for their day of makeup? Either those 15 minute ones or the half hour sit downs?

Trying to find something reasonably priced if I'm not going to DIY it.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Janaya, on September 28, 2018 at 19:22
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my graduation day, I went to sephora to get my makeup done without an appointment.. I just wanted someone to put on some eyeliner for me since I suck at it.. and the lady did it for me but it didn't turn out very nice haha. But I've also had one of those full face makeup looks done and it turned out really good. A little bit more makeup than I would usually wear but it was cute.

be sure to make an appointment instead of just walking in

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you used to wearing a lot of makeup? I don’t wear a lot and I find Sephora makes me look very cake faced! Also a friend told me they’ll only do one “thing” at each store. She drove to two separate malls for her face and eyes lol.
  • Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends. I’m a makeup a holic so sephora is like my go to for everything. Needless to say I’m vib rouge so I kinda tend to spend a lot of money knowing we have a wedding to plan for :/
    Anyways they can now take reservations on their app. If you’re not vib rouge I believe you need to spend 50$ On makeup to get the service done. If you are it’s free. You also need to research a good sephora in your area. I went once and it was phenomenal I even ask the girl if she privately did wedding makeup and she said no Smiley sad but I went another time to another sephora and the girl made me look like a 75 year old grandmother
    I’ve also seen a girl paying at the cash buying all kinds of makeup because she was going to recreate the look for her wedding
  • Caitlin Beaumont
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin Beaumont ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My suggestion would be to on a local buy sell on Facebook and ask if anyone there is a reasonably priced makeup artist and have them do a trial run. If you like it have them do it the day of. That way you know what you're getting and who you're you're! With Sephora you could end up with someone horrible!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're willing to DIY, you could always do the Sephora makeover ahead of time and ask them to create a wedding look for you. Then you can pay close attention and try to copy it for your wedding day. I have thought about doing that, but I'm not sure yet what I'll do.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should find a small business that is local. They generally have decent prices and will come to you. I wouldn't just go to a makeup store the day of your wedding.

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True...good point! Maybe I'll have them do my engagement makeup and see

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the advice!!

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm maybe I'll test them for my engagement pictures coming up then and see what happens!

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True enough!

• Samantha
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That probably explains why my makeup was so awful for my sister's wedding!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know people that have had great makeup done at Sephora but also people that reallly didnt like their makeup done there. Just depends on who you get. I wouldnt risk it unless ypu do a trial with the same person prior to.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't risk it. As stated in previous posts the lighting is horrible and they're just fast applications. Wedding makeup should take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to ensure it's done properly and you get exactly what you want. Maybe go in and have one of the girls play around with makeup one day to see how you like it, go out and take pictures, and then go from there.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had them do my makeup for my engagement pictures and the girl did an awesome job but not what I would do for my wedding day.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd be worried about the timing!! Those sessions aren't very rigidly scheduled!

Also I'd be a little worried about putting brand new makeup on my face on the wedding day - I wouldn't want to react poorly to anything! Smiley surprise

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not worth it! the girls are helpful at sephora but i find the lighting sucks and especially with foundation youll have that awful line on your face from mismatched foundation. don't do it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics