Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia

Sending out invites early

Rebecca, on May 17, 2020 at 20:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Hi everyone!
Just asking for some opinions here, with many couples choosing to rebook their weddings for next year my fiancé and I have been chatting about possibly sending out some save the dates real early. Ours is planned for oct 2021 and there’s possibility that others would be booked then (not confirmed). We have many mutual friends with other to be wed couples and we’d love to share our day with them. Thanks in advance!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on May 20, 2020 at 21:56
  • Lauren
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the exact same boat! We're getting married August 2021 but a lot of our friends are newly engaged. Plus with many couples moving around dates, we decided to send out our Save the Dates, ASAP. I ordered just some simple ones off Vistaprint (super cheap) and I sent them out this week!

• Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should send them whenever you want Smiley smile If you worry that it's too early, perhaps you could send a virtual save-the-date in the near future and then a physical one down the road.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I sent out our save the dates a year in advance just so people knew when our wedding was going to happen as well as where it was going to be since we are getting married in another province and all of our guest will be traveling.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do agree with Save the Dates to be sent out early so your date can be known to book when needed next year upon the arrival of the formal invitation. Many couples rebooking their dates is making it limited to attend your day as others may have been responded. This is the time to have Save the dates to keep your guests prepared and open to come celebrate with you.

• V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Before we moved our June 27 wedding to 2021, we sent out of save the dates in September 2019 as well! That was pre pandemic life lol. So I would also send out your save the dates earlier! Maybe June/July?
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been thinking the same - my cousin was supposed to get married this August and I don't know if she'll be postponing her wedding. We're getting married next June and was thinking of sending save the dates in September but might do so a bit earlier so that everyone knows when our wedding is.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah why not! vista print has some good deals with save the dates

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you could send a save the dates early. It would give people something to look forward to right now, and as next year's wedding season is likely to be quite busy it wouldn't hurt to lock down your guests now.

I would hold off on the full invitations, sending them too early can lead people to forget about the date or lose the details and need to bother you closer to the wedding day.
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent our save the dates pretty early because we wanted to make sure the people we wanted there knew the date and were able to come!! I’d say send them out early!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics