Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Deanna
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

Self tan??

Deanna, on March 29, 2021 at 11:59 Posted in Beauty 0 12
Hi everyone!

I've never been someone to visit tanning salons or get spray tans. I've also never tried self tanner. I am very fair and tend to burn quickly so I don't want to sit out to tan and risk lines (plus I live in Ontario where it's still pretty cold). My wedding is in June. I'm wondering if others have self tanned before or just kept their skin natural for their wedding? I've heard good reviews about the St TropezxAshley Graham tanning kit so I'm wondering if I should buy it now and give it a go to decide before my wedding. Open to suggestions!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Tom, on April 25, 2023 at 00:54
  • T
    Newbie April 2024 Baja California Sur
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my favorite self tanner…it last for a week and then you need to reapply. It absorbs well and dries really fast…and it smells great! Here are some photos below….And here is the link… https://nskn.co/5dhRR9

Self tan?? 1

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never done spray tans or self tanners since I tan very easy since my pigment comes out very fast with the sunlight. The only advice that I would give is definitely try something ahead of time so you know what to expect. You don't want to look like an orange the day of your wedding.

• M
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    MaddieJ ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A tanning bed would be your best bet. Start with only a couple minutes, 1 month before the wedding and increase the time gradually. Now, whether the tanning salons are open where you are is a different question.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would test it out 100% before anything... My Step Mom had her wedding and her MOH did the self Tan, and she was ORANGE the day of the wedding, and there was nothing we could do about it. If you don't want to stay natural, just make sure you test it out a few times before the wedding day!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% test it out first. I did the spray tan thing once and I looked like a dorito...it was awful I was a bridesmaid and luckly we did it a week before so I had time to scrub my skin raw to get it off. I literally was like Ross in that episode I totally got the instructions wrong and probably had more on the front than the back.....
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha that episode was so funny Smiley xd

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely try something ahead of time so you know what to expect. I haven’t used self tanner in years but when I did it was very streaky and uneven. It’s hard to apply to each part of your body exactly the same
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would try it now, see what you think of it so you have time to work out any kinks. I'm naturally very pale, and I thought about a spray tan but decided I'd rather look more like myself in our wedding photos. If you try it earlier you might be able to gauge people's reactions too and see if they notice (which might mean you went a little too dark too quickly)
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry, couldn't resist Smiley xd

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you are going to do a self tan I would definitely practice many times before the wedding. I've only done it like twice and every time my hands look horrible so I wouldn't want that for my wedding. A spray tan may be better but I would also do a trial run before the wedding too
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually - regarding the ghostly thing. I did a get a comment from two people while we were taking photos in the forest that they initially only saw me standing in the forest in a wedding dress and got really freaked out hahahahaha. So maybe I did look like a ghost but I think I looked fine in photos 😂😂😂
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m all for looking like yourself on your wedding day. If you never tan or use self tanner then I think sticking with your natural skin tone makes the most sense. I am extremely pale - like the lightest foundation/concealer/powder is always still too dark for me (and I worked in makeup for years so have tried it all lol) - and I stuck with my natural skin tone for my wedding and have no regrets. I don’t look ghostly or anything in photos.
    But if you do want a little bit of colour I’d probably stick to a spray tan. There’s just so much that can go wrong with a self tanner at home and the last thing you want on your wedding day is blotchy skin or orange hands.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics