Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Secondary Wedding Band

Hank, on February 11, 2021 at 17:23 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

Anyone bought or thinking of getting a second cheaper wedding band? I've seen some people here opt for non-precious metals because it's better for their day to day routine but I'm wondering if anyone here bought a second cheaper ring to wear during covid (constant hand sanitizer is really bad for precious metals) or even for when you travel. If so, what kind of ring did you get?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Kailey, on February 12, 2021 at 08:31
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got ENSO rings for both of us. With covid and our jobs our rings would take a beating (my ring set is my grandmothers so I am not comfortable taking any chances on having it damaged) ENSO has lots of choices my husband wanted black and thick band just like his real one and I got to thin silver ones of day to day wear. They are affordable very comfortable.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha, the things you realize when you look through photos searching for something specific. Thanks for this though.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't unfortunately and we don't have his replacement yet lol. But it looks pretty much the same as the second photo on the website. The only thing the website doesn't show is the ring has sort of a glitter/shimmer to it. It's not noticeable unless you're really looking but that's what gives it a metallic look instead of just rubber.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hadn't realized before now how often this man has his hands in his dang pockets! The best photos of his hands are *before the ceremony* 🤦 This isn't a super close up, but it looks like metal even from a closer angle.

Secondary Wedding Band 1

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have a photo of his ring on his hand?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you have a photo of him wearing it? Every time I look up silicone rings, it doesn't show pictures with hands (or if they do, it's super photoshopped).

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They have really good sales like that fairly often! So im not too worried about buying it right away. I know they will have another good sale before our wedding in 2022!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was looking at the price and it looked way too good to be true ($20 for a tungsten ring?) but then I realized it was a limited time flash sale lol. If you nab what he wants in the next few hours, you end up saving almost 80% off. That's one way to get your bang back after shipping and duties.

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Secondary Wedding Band 2

Secondary Wedding Band 3

Secondary Wedding Band 4
    These are the ones I am considering! I havent really looked to see if theres a similar Canadian company. I have been following Modern Gents on Instagram for years and have just really grown to like the company
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually got a ring in a charmed aroma at Christmas that I am keeping for travel purposes etc. My fiance has some of the silicone rings I got him for Christmas off Amazon. he wanted to get used to the feeling of a ring before he starts wearing his real ring because he also had more expensive taste for his ring and doesn't want to lose it. Then he can wear the silicone for outdoorsy things etc.
  • Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ha, yes! Not an email! Jeepers autocorrect.

Mine is white gold to match my engagement ring. I chose a plain thin band, but a lot of well reviewed Etsy sellers have ones with stones and different metals. Jewelry stores weren't open yet when we ordered mine so I did a lot of research and read a lot of reviews!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Email = Enso?

What metal did you get for your band?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which set are you thinking of for your FH? And I noticed the company is American. Is there no one local that can make those rings so you don't have to pay the duty and shipping?

• Amelia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Taylor has an Email ring. I have one too, but I often forget to wear it! We bought my wedding band on Etsy, so if it was damaged I would be sad to lose the symbol but it wouldn't be a huge investment to replace.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my husband an enso ring for Christmas which he really likes. It's very lightweight and comfortable and unless you look really closely it looks like a metal ring. He still wear his wedding band most days but when he goes running or does something more active he swtiches to his enso ring.

I will say that if you decide to go with a silicone ring please make sure you have a ring dish or somewhere safe to store it. We somehow lost his within the first month and can't find it anywhere so we had to order a new one. Since it's silicone you can't hear it if it falls down somewhere and you won't know it's missing until you go to put it on.

This is the one we got: https://ensorings.com/products/elements-contour-silicone-ring-platinum

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't bought my Fiances wedding band yet, but he ended up having more expensive taste than we expected (which is totally okay with me!) But I don't want him wearing an expensive ring to work so I plan on getting him a 2nd band from Modern Gents. I will also get myself a set from them at some point. I was thinking when im pregnant and my real engagement/wedding rings won't fit 😂
  • Christine
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend and her husband bought those silicone Enso rings. They have two kids to chase around and found these rings work better with their lifestyle right now (including the need to use hand sanitizer more often). All sorts of widths, colours and textures on their website.

https://ensorings.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics