Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheena
Beginner March 2022 British Columbia

Second marriage

Sheena, on January 17, 2019 at 15:32 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hi all,
Anyone else here planning a second (or more) wedding?
I'm so excited to be planning again! How are you making it different this time around? What are you doing that is similar? How are you incorporating children from previous marriages?

My boys will be our ring bearers (each carrying one ring) and his girls will be our flower girls. We're considering some sort of unity ceremony as well.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Finch, on April 2, 2019 at 16:29
  • Finch
    Beginner November 2021 Ontario
    Finch ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's both our second marriages. My son's will be 15, 12 and 9 and I want them to walk me down the aisle. His oldest will be 18 and his best man, his son and daughter will likely be ring bearer and flower girl. I am putting so much more thought into this one as this is the one I was meant to have and the man I should have always had ❤️
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love having the older kids as the wedding party. And it makes for the ultimate family photos! Haha.
  • Stacey
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Second wedding. Small just family. All 6 kids are in the wedding . We are doing a blended ceremony with sand as well.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there, this will be my second wedding and his first. We have 1 son together who will be 2 and I have 2 older kids 11 and 22. My oldest is only coming as a guest to the wedding. My middle son thr 11 year old will be walking me down the aisle so that is one thing different. We are not doing a father daughter dance or mother son dance as this was already done the first time for me and his parents won't be at the wedding. We are also doing a first look before the ceremony.
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2019 Manitoba
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will be the second marriage for both of us. My daughter (16) will be a bridesmaid and my son (15) will be a groomsman. The kids will be lighting a memorial candle in honour of my parents (and others) who have passed on and can’t physically be at the wedding.
  • Sheena
    Beginner March 2022 British Columbia
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Colleen, this will be my fiancé's third wedding as well! We both did big weddings the last time, so we're still trying to decide what we want to do. I told my mom that I had my bridesmaids picked out and she said "you aren't going all out like last time, are you?" Ugh. Maybe. It's our wedding, we get to decide!
    I'm so glad that your family is excited for you!

• C
    Beginner October 2019 British Columbia
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations to us all! Smiley smile I am planning my second wedding (my fiance's third!). I eloped the first time, so this time I'm getting the wedding I wanted the first time. I am including EVERYONE! My fiance's 3 girls are my bridesmaids. My 2 boys and my fiance's son are his groomsmen and best man. My mother has even gotten right into shopping for dresses and all with me! She really missed out on all of the fun the first time around Smiley sad

I am a little OCD when it comes to things being unfinished Smiley smile I am getting married in October 2019 and the whole thing is already planned! There is nothing to do now but wait. I even have my dress already!

• J
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is my second wedding my FH first wedding. We are having a small ceremony and reception since I already had the big wedding the first time around. I know his family wants sa big wedding but they do not know, that I’ve. Even previously married. I’m glad we decided on s small wedding with just immediate family.
  • Amelia
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're doing a large wedding this time (both our second wedding) and we each have a boy and girl, so we are thinking of doing just the kids as the wedding party as well! They will be 12, 12, 14, and 18 at the time.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm planning for the second time. This is his first wedding. If I had it my way, we'd elope in the Rockies instead of planning a wedding. But, he wanted a wedding, so a wedding we're having.

He has two boys from his previous relationship. They'll be 15 and 16 at the time of the wedding and will be standing with their dad. I'm going to present them with a gift during the ceremony to acknowledge the new dynamic, but I haven't figured out what or how quite yet.

My first wedding we did a late lunch ceremony and reception for 75 (I think) but this time around we're doing dinner and keeping it under 30. Because we didn't do a dance etc I didn't do a father/daughter dance at my first wedding, but we're going to make that happen this time around. Also, we're having bagpipes this time, which got nixed the first time.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement! Welcome to the Wedding Wire community!

I love how you're including your kids in your ceremony! I'm sure they'll have a blast!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!! I love what your guys kids are doing! So cute! This will be my FHs second wedding. (He has a daughter from that marriage (13 years old). My first (but I had 2 daughters from a previous relationship they are 14 and 15) and my FH and I have a 7 year old daughter together. Yes lots of girls, and yes we’ve been together a long time (10 years) the 3 older girls will be jr bridesmaids and our youngest will be the flower girl. We aren’t actually doing a wedding party, just our kids. His first wedding was really small, immediate family. And a Church ceremony and restaurant reception. Our wedding is in the Rocky Mountains (Kananaskis) about 4 hours from where we live. We are having about 70 people and the hotel is beautiful! This time around he is definitely spending a lot more money haha. It’s my first wedding, and I’m not enjoying the stress of it all! I can’t wait until we are married and I can stop planning! Haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics