Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dana
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

Second guessing your dress?

Dana, on November 26, 2017 at 23:29 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15
Guys I’m freaking out a bit! My wedding dress just came in and even though I loved it on the day I bought it I’m just not sure now! Did anyone else second guess their dress choice? What did you do? Also this is the dress that I bought

Second guessing your dress? 1

15 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 16, 2017 at 23:14
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE.

Fits you like a glove and the back rocks.

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress is lovely on you. What’s making you second guess it, is it something specific?

I bought a dress near the beginning at a sample sale and had second thoughts almost instantly haha. Tbh, I felt pressured into buying it from the people I took with me to the appointment. It’s a gorgeous dress and fit our theme but something just wasn’t right, I wanted something really unique that nobody I knew would wear. So I went back to the same salon on my own about 2 months later and found a prom dress replica of a Hayley Paige that I looooved. With it being a prom dress, it was also way cheaper (under $600). I’m currently trying to sell my first dress now.

Heres me in the first dress I bought.

Second guessing your dress? 2

Second guessing your dress? 3

Second guessing your dress? 4
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it looks phenomenal on you! I also second guessed my dress. I love it and I love how it looks on me but I feel like theres something more out there for me. It was one of the first ones I put on and just kind of went with it. I'm going to go back to the salon this week and look for a potential second dress.

• Sheri
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Sheri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You truly look amazing. I think once it’s altered you will fall in love again.
  • Kristina
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with all the other posts...do what’s right for you! But, girl, you look gorgeous!! Wait until your first fitting and then decideSmiley smile
  • Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the support everyone! I’m thinking that the fit might be the biggest thing that’s making me doubt it right now so I’m hoping once it’s altered I will start loving it again
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is very normal to have second thoughts on your dress and anything towards your wedding. For most of us we have been imagining our "big" day our whole lives so once it is time to plan wedding you want everything to be perfect. If you can still imagine walking down the aisle in your dress you will be fine Smiley smile

• R
    Ontario
    Rania ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awww Dana you look beautiful. And trust me.... Second guessing your dress is completely normal. I worked in a Bridal store for 14 years and we had our fair share of brides second guessing their purchase. But I can honestly tell you.... Once you put it back on, you'll fall in love with it all over again.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had this feeling about other things that I have booked for my wedding, it is normal! But like Joey said it could be because you need it altered to fit you perfectly, or maybe go a do a hair and make up trial and have a dress rehersal!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How does it fit you now? Could your doubts be because it hasn't been altered and doesn't fit you correctly yet? I think it looks beautiful on you and hope you fall in love with it again.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This dress looks amazing on you! I worried about my dress before I got to actually try it on again. Have you had a chance to go in and have a fitting? I was worried I wouldn't like my dress anymore or it wouldn't look right or fit but once I had my fitting, things were ok Smiley smile

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First let me say you look great, so i don't think you need to worry at all. I had the same feeling the day i picked mine up, and i think a lot has to do with the fact that it was all wrickled from shipping and i thought "what this is my dress?", cus on the day looked all prestine, but once they do steam and alterations it will work out Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second guessed and bought a second one, however my first one was still beautiful! Just had a different vision. But give it some time before doing anything rash and regretting either decision. Just from the picture I can see where you purchased it (where I purchased mine too), and that boutique has beautiful gowns!! You look stunning in yours! I love it!!! What are you regretting??
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like that on you!!! I think every bride has second thoughts on something in their wedding! It may not be their dress, it may be the DJ or their caterer. If you are really unsure, then maybe look into another dress. If it is just a little bit of anxiety, I'd just let it pass and focus on other aspects of your wedding! Don't worry every bride has her moments! You're not the only one! I hope everything turns out for you!
  • Breanne
    Frequent user September 2019 Alberta
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t started dress shopping yet, but...I must say that dress is stunning on you! You look great! That being said, you have to do what makes you happy. It’s your big day after all!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics