Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dessa
Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia

Second guessing my dress...

Dessa, on June 11, 2022 at 08:16 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Anyone else start second guessing their dress??? I said YES to the dress yesterday... now I'm second guessing myself.... ugh!!

It's a beautiful dress and I tried on at least 20. Yesterday I was literally jumping around in it when I felt she's the one. Now I'm wondering if the color I chose was not thought out. Its ivory over honey which is a bit darker than nude but I can't say champagne. I had planned by wedding colors already and now I don't think this will go with those choices. PLUS I'm not sure my HTB will like the color. I showed him the pictures and he likes it but I think the lighting has skewed the color. I'm feeling kinda anxious!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Krista, on June 14, 2022 at 12:51
  • Krista
    Curious June 2022 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ❤️
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thx Christine... I agree that the constant looking and comparing isn't a wise idea. I too have realized I was super excited for a reason so... Imma let it go ...lol.
  • C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl your not alone I've began to second guess myself on everything. I had to stop looking at everything because all in all I chose the things for a reason.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dessa, This group is so amazing the overflow of support that you get it's great. I am for sure going to stop looking at photos because I change my mind too often, Pinterest is horrible for great ideas. lol.

I'm so happy you are excited about your dress, I hope I cry when I find the one.

• Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Carine i can sympathize. I think youvjust need to go with your plan and stop looking at other pics etc. I know I came home elated.. then worrying.. then, with the help of you ladies, happy again. I was elated to buy it and as I continue to look at the pics from the bridal shop and remembering how I teared up to say yes... I am excited about it again. I'll figure out my colors another day...lol. just picture how you felt making your choices. If you were super excited then I'm sure you will enjoy them. Thanks for your reply! 🥰
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one of my fears, I always have buyers remorse, like my bouquet, my mood and color scheme is always changing. My bouquet I was sold on it, the more and more I look at the picture and look at other bouquets I'm doubting myself.

I wanted Burgundy for the girls now I want mulberry and dusty pink.

So buying a dress makes me nervous.

• Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jacquie! I'm definitely coming around to it more after the community support on here. I too bought a dress i never thought I would wear... fit and flare on my curvy body. I'm sticking to the feeling I had when I was literally jumping around with joy when I said YES to it! I think our minds like to screw with us at times and we debate and overthink things. I do truly love it. I have seen pictures of ladies wearing the exact one in the proper size so now I see how it will fit and it brought a smile to my face. None of us are perfect and we will all radiate beauty and joy on our wedding days. I appreciate your thoughts...thank you!! ❤
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh Krista...sorry to hear it...that's not a good feeling to have. I'm sure you will look beautiful in it even though you're currently not liking it. Once your hair and makeup are done I'll bet you will embrace the day regardless. I think our minds and eyes play tricks on us at times and we see things that aren't necessarily there. Enjoy the magic of your special day..a dress can't change that!! ❤❤
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve been debating my dress and it’s way to late to change, I have my first fitting in Thursday. I really do love my dress in pictures with models, but am really worried I picked something that isn’t right for my body type. Im just trying not too think about it too much. I also know once it’s altered and my hair and makeup is done, I might be happier with how I look in it.

I think social media and TV have given everyone really high expectations for our weddings. It really won't matter if your dress matches anything. And nothing will ever be perfect. As long you enjoy the wedding day that's all that matters.
  • Krista
    Curious June 2022 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Due to us having to postpone our wedding for a year, I started second guessing my dress big time. In fact.. I’ve began to hate my dress. I had it altered again to try and change it, but it’s no longer what I want.. and my wedding is in 5 days!! 😒
    I debated getting a new one a few months back, but couldn’t justify the cost..
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem I’m sure you made the right choice wedding dresses and weddings can be so overwhelming
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Rebecca. I'm letting my decision be ok. I mean, I love the dress but, as per my usual , am thinking I made the wrong choice. I thank you for your thoughts. All you ladies are calming me down. ❤
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It could be because you tried on so many dresses and sun consciously you just wanted to choose one to have it done i know I’ve done that with things.

Your dresss does t have to match perfectly heck mines white and black it doesn’t match the overall aesthetic but it it matches me.
    Maybe think on it or try on a few more and compare to that one you chose and see if your mind still fluctuates
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely!! Always here for a second point of view ❤️😜🥰
  • Dessa
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Alyx. Always nice to hear another point of view.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your really having second thoughts then you can always go back! But I don’t think your dress is going to clash with anything these dresses are meant to go with everything they are mostly white!!
    Think about it, everyone around the world has a different kind of white dress with a different colour scheme!
    It is normal to have second thoughts because it is such a big decision, but you chose it for a reason! ❤️❤️ Go with your gut!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics