Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Second dress for late night?

Sarah, on April 20, 2020 at 14:41 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16
Anyone changing dresses? After the cake cutting I was thinking of slipping into something more comfortable/appropriate for partying (my actual dress has a big skirt).
I was thinking of something like this. Anyone else doing something similar? Second dress for late night? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:40
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah why not great idea!! i wont do it i want to wear my dress as long as i can haha

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I know what you mean about being the centre of attention. I do like it to some extent but it’s pretty draining. I know I’ll be over it by the end of the day!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Initially I had the same mentality that I wanted to savour my dress for as long as possible! But now I think I’ll want to be comfortable by the end of the night
  • Naomi
    Frequent user June 2021 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That dress is really cute , if you’re dress has a big skirt it’s probably a good decision to change into something more comfortable so you can dance the night away. If you’re anything like me I actually hate being the centre of attention it makes me feel so awkward.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had many friends who refused to change into a different dress simply because they spent a lot of money on their wedding dress and it's literally the only time they'll ever wear that thing so they are maxing out their bang for their buck so to speak. This includes big poofy dresses to slimmer/shorter dresses.

That being said, it's common for brides of different cultures to change into different non-white dresses multiple times throughout the reception. Do what makes you comfortable.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha yup I will be needing help to pee so this is helpful lol. And yeah can def get more use plus these kind of dresses are cheap enough (50&dollarSmiley winking
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My dress is with the seamstress as well. I was lucky to get in one fitting before this happened, so if our wedding does go through in Aug then it should be ready.. guess we’ll see.
    That sounds cool I was debating another bridal gown too but I think I’m going this route
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So pretty. I don’t think I’ll change simply because my dress is low key/low maintenance enough that I won’t have to recruit a team to help me pee 😂 But if it were more elaborate I would absolutely consider an outfit change for the dance. I also feel like if you order/buy a dress along these lines, and ultimately decide against changing into it for the reception, it would still make a super cute get up for a shower/bachelorette/rehearsal party/basically any other wedding related event.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like this idea. I was not planning on changing later in the night but I also ordered a dress in case we decide to elope. My original dress is at the seamstress and won’t be able to go to any other fittings until this is over. If our second wedding date does go as planned I would probably change into my second dress later in the night. It’s also a bridal gown but a more relaxed vibe.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah exactly! I think by that point in the night I’ll want to blend in more with the guests too as I’ll get tired from being the centre of attention.

Haha who can say no to buying another dress!!! Go for it!!
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes!! So true
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a great idea, especially if it lets you move around and dance with your guests easier.

I hadn't planned on a second dress, but since our plans might change I might have a different dress for our elopement in 2020 and our reception in 2021. I'm thinking about using it as an excuse to buy the second dress I fell in love with while dress shopping!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did! The only thing I will say - make sure everybody has gotten their picture with you!! lol, had at least one of my friends miss out on a selfie Smiley atonished

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m changing into a second dress which Will be a lot more simple then my first one lol.
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am not planning on doing that since the skirt on my dress won't be too big, but I love the idea! And I think the dress you shared is really cute.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics