Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Xandra
Beginner November 2019 Quebec

Seating: Each Side to Themselves or Intermingled?

Xandra, on February 1, 2019 at 14:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15

Greetings all! You have been so helpful to me in the past that I'm back with another question! In your seating at the reception, do you have the tables divided by family? Divided by relationship (parents table, aunts and uncles table, friends table)? A combination of the two? Neither? I want to know!

As always, thanks in advance. Smiley heart

15 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on February 3, 2019 at 15:24
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m doing the same thing as you
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’de currently undecided. We’de not having a head table or a sweetheart table so we’ll figure out who we want to sit with first, and then place the other guests at tables by either fanily, or affiliation (or university pals, high school pals etc.)

The biggest challenge will be deciding who we want to sit with.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to do family tables first (my parents and their siblings, his parents and their siblings), then do cousins together, and friends based on groups. There’s not going to be too much mixing up between his side and mine just because most people already know someone and will be placed with them.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The seating plan did include family and friends mixed. The only table that was done for my parents was her family and my Aunt in law. The others were cousins and in laws with some couples and one brother on each table (2 elder brothers).

I also call my group of friends Second Family knowing them for many years and our bond being strong together. They were seated with some good friends we wanted for company too. (Wedding party partial you can say for the most part).

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're keeping families together, but mixing the friend groups.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Intermingled! I want everyone to get to know each other!
  • Olivia
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a buffet, so our tables will be sorted mostly by how early people are used to eating lol

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m probably going to do the tables by family, and a couple tables for friends we’re inviting.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have tables of 8 so we start with our Parents table where our Parents each chose 1 couple (their Bf's) to sit with them. We are doing Spouses of Wedding Party members at 1 table. Family tables with Aunts and Uncles. Cousins tables. Friends tables and a vendor table. Friends of our Parents tables. We are going to do our best to put People who already socialize together but may do 4 of my Friends with 4 of FHs Friends.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We divided based on relationship, for the most part. Some people were put in random tables because they didn’t know anyone else or that group was small. I’m fairly shy so I always like to be with someone I know, which is why I didn’t mix tables too much!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll base our seating our relationships : My family, his family...but then we'll mix/mingle our friends depending on what the seating arrangements looks like (we have long rectangular tables).

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will probably base our seating around relationship to us: i.e. my family, his family, friends, etc.

We might mingle them a bit but we'll probably keep them to people the know/get along with.

One thing we know for sure is that we are doing a parent's/immediate family table, a vegetarian table (3 couples that all know each other well), and a VIP table (vendors, MC, godparents).

I haven't planned out the seating plan yet so things could always change!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will for sure be sitting close family members together. For example my grandma will sit with my dad and step mom along with my siblings plus ones. My uncle and cousins together. For both sides of the family. Etc. I think it’s best to keep people together who get along so there is no drama

It will really come down to how we decide to layout the hall for tables. And the RSVPs

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't made up the seating chart just yet - but when I do I will most likely group some families together. Then of course a table for the single people if there are any. If I was having kids at the wedding then we would also put all of the children at one table as well.

It's up to you but depending on how many people I may put like... say an Aunt and Uncle of mine with an Aunt and Uncle of my FH's. As long as they have at least one person that they know and feel comfortable with I see no reason not to get both families to mingle and get to know the other sides Smiley smile

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be having mostly people who know each other at the same table. Guests that do not know many people I don't mind intermingling them. My FH's family and my family do not know each other at all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics