Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Beginner May 2020 British Columbia

Seating Chart - Photographer?

Sarah, on August 26, 2019 at 14:37 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

Whats the protocol when you are feeding your photographer? should I be leaving a space for her at one of my tables? or would she just eat wherever?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Miav, on August 31, 2019 at 22:32
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would definitely ask the photographer what he/she prefers! They are experienced in weddings, they must have preferences on where to sit

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The photographer should be seated to the side so that they can hop up and down and take photos. Most don't want to be included as a "guest", they are there to work.

• V
    Newbie February 2020 Alberta
    Vincent ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for asking this, I've been wondering the same thing!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a table for the vendors.

Somewhere they can sit and relax to eat, get a drink, take a break.

• Natalia
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We left a table for our photographer/video man and decorator and DJ all at one table together at the back!

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just put him with our friends at a table where I think we would get along. Smiley smile He is eating with the rest of us!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask your photographer what she prefers! Some vendors will want to sit at a table and some will want to eat elsewhere quickly and quietly!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our photographers at a table near the head table. They are but then we’re up taking photos.
  • Melanie
    Curious August 2019 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a good question. Our photographer will be seated at a reserved table at the front, not with parents, just important personnel. With the MC. But where ever they are comfortable.
  • Lindsay
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At the request of our Photographer, she is at a table close to the head table, one with a good view of the room, and easy access to get up and take photos. She has also requested to be fed when we are (first-ish as she puts it), which makes sense since she is capturing the day. But she's also a pretty cool cat, so there won't be ant awkwardness.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask your photographer where she needs to be seated to get good photo's - mine told me somewhere closer to the front would be great but not with parents as not necessary. She just needs to be close enough she can get up and get photo's

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our DJ has asked to eat at the DJ table, I was shocked but hes the pro not me. Our photographer is sitting at the table with the parents and grandparents, it works out great, my FIL loves to joke with his mom and her health isn't great so she will be able to get some great pictures.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a designated table for the vendors (photographer, DJ, day of coordinator, videographer).

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep in mind that Your photographer will also be taking pictures of speeches and other things potentially during dinner time. For this reason, my photographer requested to be sitting closer to the head table so that they could get as many photos and candids as possible
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea thank you

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ask them.

But yes, generally they are at one of the tables. Same with day of coordinator if you have one.

Just to be safe, I reached out to all of my vendors and asked them.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a vendor table for everyone!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'll just have the one vendor; so thinking the singles table is the way to go! thank you

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Normally I would say to put them with the other vendors - but if there aren't many then I would say to seat them with the guests is fine. My photographer is a friend of mine so she will be sitting with our other friends Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great suggestion! thank you

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically the photographer is seated with the guests. I would advise seating them close to the head table (if you are having one) and in a spot where it is easy for them to get out of their chair and move so they can easily get pictures during dinner of things like speeches.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great thank you so much! that's what i was thinking but i wasn't sure! who doesn't love a good few extra photos!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the weddings I have been to, the photographer is sat with the guests. I actually sat next to a photographer at a wedding I was at recently. It was a good chat, and my fiance and I got some nice photos Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics