Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Frequent user September 2022 Alberta

Scared to order my dress!

Rachel, on September 28, 2021 at 15:31 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 5
We have postponed our wedding three times now, so we have been engaged for 3 years. The dress I bought 2 years ago is now too small and I fell out of love with it. I think I found "the one" but I haven't paid for it, just sat on the fence for 3 months about it. Now that our wedding is officially less than a year away I should really pull the trigger. I'm just worried I will change my mind about it again!! Having such a long engagement has caused me to second guess everything, so I'm sharing a pic. How do you know for sure it's "the one"?Scared to order my dress! 1
Scared to order my dress! 2

5 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on September 28, 2021 at 17:20
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah it has not been fun at all! No problem!

• Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't stop looking at photos of my dress either, but I was SO SURE that my first dress was the one so now I am hesitant haha. I felt confident at my appointment while I was wearing it, and there's nothing I would change about the dress, but I may just think a little longer since I have some time. Thanks for your reply!
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All of us COVID brides are just playing wedding planning on hard mode, right? I'm sorry you've had to postpone so many times as well. I definitely understand the frustration. We have decided to go through with our wedding next year no matter what, but you're right, I do have time to mull it over a little longer. Thanks, and hopefully your planning goes smoother from here on out.
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually bought two dresses. My wedding was supposed to be in august 2020 keep postponing and now finally decided to august 4, 2022. I just got my second dress came in the boutique in July. I was hoping it will take the shop closer to 6 months but only took them 4 months! Planning to sell my first dress. However, no luck but I’m not worry. I’ll plan to wear it maybe on our anniversary in the following year or so. I was mad at myself for spending more money on the second dress but it was all worth it!! You just know when it’s the ONE! I had to look at the pictures and videos of my dress all the time because I can’t wait to wear it. Side note, both dresses I got are similar but the second one is a WOW!!😁😁👰🏻 I’m usually not an emotional type but I feel like I got emotional when I met my dress for the first time with the right size. Good luck don’t think too much. If you can’t stop thinking about it, then it’s the ONE!🤞🏽🤞🏽❤️
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As someone who has changed plans twice now and went from getting married in December 2022 in Mexico to October 2023 in Alberta, the dress I just said yes to I already plan on selling. And because of this now being the second time for change of plans, I have had a hard time deciding things about the wedding because I am terrified I am going to change my mind AGAIN.

Although the cancelling of Mexico wasn't really me changing my mind (a lot of family drama at the moment), I hate how I have had to change so many thing.

I think what I am trying to say, I know it may not be easy to decide on a dress because you're nervous about Covid making you post-pone again. I would say take your time finding a dress, but just remember the longer you put it off the less selection you have because eventually you'll only be able to order dresses that can be ordered as a rush (and they usually only allow a few out of a collection) or a off the rack one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics