Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sonia
Frequent user May 2019 Quebec

Scanning party

Sonia, on January 21, 2018 at 10:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Off to a scanning party at the bay in Montreal. Has anyone else done these? I’m really excited to get our registry done. I just wish Walmart and like Home sense had bridal registry’s for these things because I feel bad putting stuff from the bay. It seems excessive when I can easily get more and cheaper at Walmart :b

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 23, 2018 at 10:03
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did all of our registry at the Bay on their website. So much easier than trying to fit it into an already busy schedule.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s weird that they said you couldn’t bring someone. Remember, this is your wedding, don’t worry about what people will think, if you want Walmart do Walmart.
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ouuuu wonderful! Definitely going to give it a try
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s it. We need to do a registry because we don’t live together yet. So we need a lot of things :b I also find it really expensive and i feel bad having people spend all that money.

While i was there though I kept looking at things and thinking “wow I can find this at Walmart or the dollar store” and I feel like we’d be judged for having a Walmart registry.

I’m going to have to make another appointment because I went alone and it was honestly really depressing seeing everyone with their fiancé or mother (meanwhile I was told I couldn’t bring anyone)
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm in Montreal so it definitely works!
  • Sonia
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely going to give it a shot, I like that people can get a bit of everything. But I wonder if it would be available for Quebec. Stupid province :b
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started at the bay but they were disorganized and after an hour of scanning, only two items showed up on the list. We ended up switching to bed, bath, and beyond.

I liked actually going to the store, compared to doing one online, because you can actually see the product and the size (I'm a visual person) and they have a staff member there to help. We couldn't decide on sheets, for example, and the consultant showed us sheets that help keep you cool at night. And with frying pans, she showed us what was most common (since there are so many to choose from!)

The downside was, after we had finished it all, they emailed and said we only had enough for 33% of our guests. They are looking at it from a sales perspective, whereas we know a bunch of our guests will just be giving cash.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My registry.com I second for those places that don't have registries. Just made one and it's simple and fairly easy.
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did The Bay registry last weekend. It was ok. We already live together and have a house so we don't need a whole lot of stuff. I did find their stuff rather expensive and didn't feel right putting stuff that costly on the list. We stuck mostly to towels and some linens.

I do think Walmart has a wedding registry. I was looking at that but my Fiancé really hates Walmart as a company so we aren't doing one there.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Use myregistry.com!! You can put items from any store on it. This is what we used to create ours. It's fantastic, I can't stop recommending it to people lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics