Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Beginner September 2021 British Columbia

Save the date's addressing covid

Kelly, on August 13, 2020 at 18:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 7

We are in the process of preparing our Save the Date cards. We recognize that although our wedding is a year away things are unpredictable with COVID and their is still a chance that we may decide to cancel the wedding, as it would be a large wedding with multiple healthcare workers attending.

We were hoping to briefly address this TBD pending COVID in our Save the Dates, but am unsure the best way to go about addressing it. I was curious what others have been doing in Save the Dates/Invitations...

7 Comments

Latest activity by Cara, on August 14, 2020 at 17:40
  • Cara
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That being said! 200 is a lot & I think if restrictions aren’t lifted we’ll definitely scale back

Alternatively, if we feel at all uncomfortable with the big gathering we’ll scale back / I expect people May self-select out of attending if it involves travel or if they’re at all concerned. Which would lower our numbers. We’re lucky our ceremony is outdoors and our reception sort of is too (tent area) so we’d have lots of space to spread out families/cohorts.
    Either way good luck & hope you find a good way to word your save the dates!!
  • Cara
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Following this thread because I’m interested too! I’m just in the process of planning our save the dates and I want to get them out ASAP so people can plan from out of province and bc sept is busy for our friends who are in school/family with kids in school etc.

I think we’ll go with something like “save our date (covid willing!)” or “pending public health advisories” is my fiancé’s suggestion.
    We are inviting 200 because we have big families and close family friends, but I think people will understand if between this year and when we send invites next Spring(ish?) if the guest list has to be reined back a bit. That being said we have a pretty understanding crowd Smiley smile
  • S
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are facing the same difficulty. We postponed our wedding from this Sunday to next June. We originally invited around 165 guests but as of right now (in Ontario) our venue is limited to 50 indoors and 100 outdoors. We don't know what next June will be like so it is so difficult to plan with that in mind. We don't know how to word new save the dates because we don't know if we will be limited to only 50 guests by then. It's so tough.

• Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our save the dates ready to go but I haven't sent them yet. We did not do anything with respect to COVID on our save the dates and are going to send them out optimistically that come June 2021 we will be in the clear. That being said I am sure our guests will understand if we need to change things around. Most of our guests are local, with a few being in other Provinces. We only have 2 out of country guests we would invite.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A note to add to your Save The Date is Our website will be updated for Covid notifications. Its seems simple and easy give the site to follow through on their end and make plans accordingly.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I were sending them out now I would probably put a line on them that said "stay tuned for wedding updates and details at www." and put your wedding website there.

Another option would be to ask guests to pre-rsvp by email so that you have everyone's emails to send out mass updates quickly should your plans change. I would do "please pre-rsvp to @gmail.com so we can keep you updated".
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us, covid broke out right after our save the dates went out. When we sent the invites, we included a small enclosure that said that we wanted to keep the wedding on track for as long as possible. The enclosure also had our wedding website link for updates if anyone wanted them.
    One thing you could do that’s a little unorthodox, is you could save two dates. The one you want and the covid alternative. That way guests are aware of both dates in case covid doesn’t resolve soon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics