Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia

Save the date's

Jessica, on May 30, 2017 at 13:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

How early did you or will you send your save the dates?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on June 1, 2017 at 06:04
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our engagement party this weekend and put out save the dates on the the opposite side of our "thank you for celebrating with us" tags. I made them on vistaprint using square business cards. Much cheaper than making individual save the dates and mailing them. It cost me $18 for 100 of them. Then i will just email a save the date to the guests how weren't able to attend our engagement .
  • Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We sent ours a year in advance Smiley smile
  • Symanne
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Symanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee and I already planned our date for July 31st 2021. The date as it's already our anniversary, and because we both wanna be a smidge older when we're married since we've been together now 4 years
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those fridge magnets are so cute! I thought about doing those myself but I have a mid sized wedding and decided against the expense! For $20 I would totally do them! Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent out my save the dates in February I believe and my wedding is in August. So that would be 6 months in advance! We sent out our invitations in April.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Jessica, I sent mine out for those out of town a year in advance. I also agree with the timeline given by Sara.
  • Lindsay
    Newbie June 2017 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    February. Our wedding is this weekend. We gave everyone a month to RSVP, so we wouldn't be chasing people into May. Everyone was sorted by end of April. It was bliss.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I wasnt going to, since my wedding is fairly small and the people furthest away are only 3 people who all live together and are a 2 hr drive, but found a great deal on cute little fridge magnet STDs all i would need for $20 so i may do it just cause haha also its a kid free wedding so would give.people time to find a sitter if needed
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We sent our Save the Dates out about 9 months in advance. We're also going to be sending out our invites about 4.5 months in advance because we are getting married out of town on top of family coming even farther out of town. I think it's personal preference though. How much time do your family and friends need to prepare for the wedding?

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't end up sending save the dates...I would say a year in advance wouldn't be a bad idea if you have a big group and passing it around by word of mouth is impractical.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics