Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tonya
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Save the dates

Tonya, on February 18, 2017 at 07:37 Posted in DIY 0 10
I've never really been good at DIY stuff but I really wanted to make my wedding all about family friends and and laid back. So I want to do my save the dates and invites etc by myself any ideas on where to start looking

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 17, 2018 at 08:41
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Smart move to go paperless and if you are creating your own invites, picture quality will be better and nice to add.
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using paperless post for all of my invites - everything will be e-mailed. Many of the save the dates are free!

• Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh! I like this idea - I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a deal!
  • Sunshine Shae
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Sunshine Shae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made mine on vistaprint and recieved last week, there was a 40% promotion. I was very pleased =)

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I was in the process of making my invitations for our engagement party and when I priced everything out last night, it was cheaper to do through Vistaprint, so I'm waiting for a sale to appear then I will order them! Valerie gave me some great suggestions on materials to use and where to purchase supplies I needed but just buying the envelopes and paper I wanted to use was more expensive then Vistaprint doing it for us...Not to mention I'm no where near the DIY godess that Valerie is, so it's probably safer that Vistaprint makes them up for me! I just hope they have a 50% off sale soon! Make sure to show us what you make!!! Smiley smile
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tonya! I love this picture of you two! Smiley love Do you prefer your Save The Dates to be printed? or Digital format? You can take a look at these ideas in the community for inspiration:

Will you make Save The Dates?

Insta "Save the Dates"

Making a Save The Date with pictures and mini calendar

Tell us what you prefer! We'll try to come up with more suggestions! Smiley smile

This one is really cool too!

Save the Date Book

How's your planning going so far? How many guests do you to invite?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are lots of sites out there that have templates that you can customize and they do deals all the time. We got our Save the Dates from Minted. We found our invitations on Etsy. We did our thank you cards on Wedding Paper Divas. There's also Snapfish and Shutterfly. Some of them also offer free wedding websites that match the design of your Save the Dates/invitations. Snapfish and Shutterfly offer free gifts all the time if you sign up for their emails. I got free address labels that I used for our invitations and thank you cards.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used word, adobe, and paint to make ours... Everything was free... I found the border first then downloaded the fancy script font... Since we are e-mailing them I wanted it to be a jpeg... I printed from word to a pdf did a screen grab and pasted into paint then cropped... My computer skills are average, it was super easy and may have taken about 3 hours for all our stationary (save the date, invite, RSVP, reception card, info card).

Save the dates - 1
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint is good quality but still a good price to look at. Also they often have promo's and you can get up to 60% off and so you save a ton of money! I signed up to get e-mails from them so I can always be on top of the sales going on! I ended up getting my save the dates, invitations, thank you cards, envelope seals, and jack and jill tickets from there. I got each of these at 50% off so I saved a ton of money! And you can play around with colors and designs on here as well! Also they ship fast!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest is your best friend and greatest enemy! You can get some great but inexpensive save the dates from Vistaprint

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics