Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jasslyn
Beginner September 2019 Alberta

Save the Dates & Invitations

Jasslyn, on March 28, 2018 at 22:59 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10

Hi! We are getting married September 2019. When should we be sending out save the dates and then invitations? I want to give people a good amount of time but just am not sure what the protocol is for this.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 18, 2018 at 10:46
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say you can send out your save the dates a year in advance and then the invitations can go out in February or March next year.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on your save the dates invitation theme. If you are planning on using an engagement shot I would imagine you’d theme your September wedding around a September engagement shoot to keep consistency. But if you don’t plan on going that route, then it can be any time. One solid year from your wedding would be sufficient timing for those who have to arrange travel and accommodation.
  • Kristy
    Newbie September 2018 New Brunswick
    Kristy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am getting married September 1st 2018 and I sent my save the dates in January 2018.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also getting married in September of 2019. I'm sending out my save the dates this September (2018) and will most likely send out invitations in May of 2019. Some of my family is coming from further away, so they need lots of notice to figure out their travel, etc., but we did a long engagement, so most of them already know our date.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest save the dates around the 10 month-1 year mark. I wanted to send mine out a year in advance because I had lots of out of town guests, but my fiance only proposed 10 months before our wedding.

I would suggest the invitations be sent out around the 3-4 month mark if you're doing save the dates. If you don't do save the dates, I think you can send the invitations out 6 months before.

• April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married Sept 2018 so I sent out save the dates mid Jan and I’ll send out invites mid May with RSVP deadline of mid July.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save the dates can go out any time really. I sent mine about 10 months in advance, but really you could do it earlier.. there's no right or wrong time as its more of a heads up to people!

Send your invites around that 4 month mark. Give loads of time for the invite to arrive, and people to get the RSVP back to you.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have family in England, lots of them that I wanted to save up to come, so I sent out my save the date in January, even though I don’t get married until November 2019. I’ll also be sending my invitations out 7 months in advance to make sure there’s time for them to get overseas and most of them will know their answers early
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We get married this June and gave out our save the dates last August to give our guests ample amount of time to book time off and book their hotel rooms! We then sent out the invites at the end of January.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can follow the time line and checklist on here if you want I thinks it’s helpful but It’s really up to you when you send them out. I would say save the dates around 8 months before and wedding invites around 4 months before your wedding. If you have a lot of out of towners the sooner the better!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics