Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Veronica
Super October 2021 Alberta

Save The Date Responses

Veronica, on November 26, 2019 at 22:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hello All!

I am just about to send out our save the dates (10 months before the wedding). The save the date also has our wedding website with all the details on it. I am just wondering, has anyone who has sent out save the dates recieved a "sorry we won't be able to make it" response from them?

I am not asking or expecting it at all, I know the purpose of a save the date. However, we definitely have a "B" list, and if there is any chance that we can get ahead of knowing what the rsvp's will be, I would love that. There are quite a bit of out of town family and such so hoping this gives everyone a good heads up.

Thanks for your thoughts!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 28, 2019 at 19:15
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Responses aren't expected from Save the Dates as it indicated the date and names.

The actual invitations were sent by email with all the information along with RSVP for guests to reply. That was the main purpose of giving all the details as I had the same except on actual cards sent out. I had 5% decline/unsure and my cousin about 20% plus some that couldn't make it last minute without booking tickets.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome!

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup! That is our planned timeline for invites. Our B-List is pretty small, so I am expecting it to all work out in the long run. Thanks for the advice!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had no declines for the people we sent our save the dates too... i feel like you give them away so far away people schedule around it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely didn't get any responses with our Save the Dates so I wouldn't expect it.

However, are you doing 2 waves of invites? (the second one if you get enough no's from the first?). I'd recommend sending that first wave sooner (i.e. 5 months before with RSVP 3 months before) and then the second wave after that (3 months before with RSVP 1 month before).

• Veronica
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Your responses are what I assumed, but a girl can hope that others would be as prompt as her haha.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah Save the dates tend to be more placeholders than response prompts. We’ve had a couple people say they’d definitely come but the Majority didn’t say anything
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope - i did have people go on my
    website and actually RSVP though just with the save the date! i’ll be sending out my invitations within the next month or so, so we shall see!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Kelsie, I would not expect a lot of responses. It would be nice if those people who knew they couldn't come would let you know early so you can invite the b list though!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, one of my FH’s friends has another wedding on the same day as ours that he’s in so he texted my FH he wouldn’t be able to come.

Only one person did that though so I wouldn’t expect a whole bunch.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics