Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Breanna
Newbie June 2018 Ontario

Save the date / invitations

Breanna, on May 6, 2017 at 23:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

So I will try and explain this the best way I can!

We have somewhat finalized our guest list and are wanting to do two sets of invites I guess...one now in 2017 (so save the dates I guess) and then closer to the actual wedding next year with getting meal/dietary requirements etc.

We are hoping to get more of an idea of who will probably be able to make it when sending out save the dates... just looking for a general opinion but what is the best/polite way to ask for RSVP?? Is there one??

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 30, 2018 at 12:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    RSVPs were sent through invites only. We got replies though email back with meal choices.
  • Breanna
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, I figured as much! I am putting on where the wedding is taking place because ceremony and reception are at the same place. And on the address I am putting onyl the names of people. I am lucky as lot of our people who we are inviting are in town and not a lot of our friends have kids (we the first getting married etc)

• Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think there is a proper way to ask for an RSVP without providing event details, which typically not on the Save the Dates. I would assume that the majority of the people who know for a fact that they will not be able to attend would reach out to you and let you know.
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we sent our save the dates, ppl actually took it upon themselves to contact us and tell us they couldn't make it. Maybe that will happen for most of your ppl too
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only issue is that you can't really ask people unless you provide them with information like venue and whether kids are invited, etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics