Skip to main content
Carine
Featured September 2023 Ontario

Save the date and Invites

Carine, on August 2, 2022 at 10:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
Saved

So I sent my save the dates 2 weeks ago because I am told the sooner the better as 2023 is a popular wedding year. My wedding is September 2023 and plan on sending out my Invitations in February, my RSVP date for August 21, 2023.

Have you sent out your save the date, what is your timeline?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on August 3, 2022 at 11:11
  • Carine
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

See to me that makes sense but I am so confused with all the time lines. My FH's cousin sent his out a month before his wedding, since my good friend has been trying to get married for the past two years and we received her invite earlier we went to her wedding, they were on same days and I never met his cousin or his family so it was a easier decision. My friend has three weddings to go to all in September, thank god they are all on different dates.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    My fiance and I sent our save the dates a year out since we're having a destination wedding
    And then sent out invites 3 months before our wedding date with an rsvp a month before the wedding
  • Carine
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Same when I sent out my STD I placed my website, and when I send the actual invite, it will be a reminder of the wedding, plus website and the RSVP date. But I don't plan on chasing anyone lol. you forget you forget lol. But we ae close to everyone so a quick email to everyone won't be hard, there's only 40 guests.

• Malyssa
    Featured October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute

I kinda did opposite to what most did and I DID save the dates but when digital for actual invites. I made my own STD with my cricut and I sent them out in January with my evites sent out mid-July (for my October wedding)

Truthfully, when I sent my STD I also included the wedding website so I had a good handle of RSVP right away (our wedding is quite small and we are pretty close with everyone invited so its not really been a secret to them haha), so at this point Im really only chasing about half of guests for responses (with about 99% certainty all those guests are coming)

• Carine
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

That's what I was thinking, but I was going by a recommendation of a friend who just got married and the quoted timeline on websites. I kind of hope some might forget and not come lol.

• Carmel
    Featured December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    We did not send save the dates but since you did - February is WAY too early for invites. People (most) will not rsvp fight away because of how far that date is and will forget. We didn't even send STDs (people knew) and sent our invites 8 weeks out with rsvp 4 weeks later AND most booked a hotel for ours. This was also covid time so we had planned to send them a bit earlier but definitely not 7 months early. I'd send them in June or July, which is way more than enough time.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics