Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Janaya
Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan

Sand ceremony

Janaya, on November 14, 2018 at 18:22 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6

Has anyone done a sand ceremony at their wedding? or is planning to do one?

my FH and I really want to do one but we aren't sure where to buy the stuff for it or exactly how it goes.. It looks beautiful though Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on November 20, 2018 at 02:01
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend did for her wedding. They each got sand from their childhood homes (parent's still live there so it was easy!), they bought two matching tall glasses and a vase.

A tip: bake the sand beforehand. Not too long, just lay it out on a cookie sheet for a couple minutes. It will prevent the sand from clumping. My friend's sand got wet, so it didn't come out nicely, while her husband had baked his sand for a bit so it poured out nicely.

I really like the look when it's two different colours of sand. I'm sure Michael's or another craft store has coloured sand.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a sand ceremony. or probably any unity portion.

but this popped up on my amazon this morning of "things related to your searches"

https://www.amazon.ca/Cathys-Concepts-Ceremony-Photo-Unity/dp/B00J801H14/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542389873&sr=8-3&keywords=sand+ceremony+set+wedding

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I imagine you'd be able to find supplies at an art store such as Michael's; however, the craft section of a large department store like Wal-Mart should also carry supplies.

Perhaps try Etsy too for kits that have already been put together if you're comfortable ordering it online!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Robyn. Amazon has lots of choices for Sand Unity Sets . I haven't done one, my cousin did at his wedding. You simply have 2 colours of sand, that are in 2 smaller vases. Your main vase is where the sand will remain, you take turns pouring each of your colours into the main vase, and it symbolizes "blending" the two of you together.

Sand ceremony 1

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't be but that's just because I wanna do something more unique - with that being said - one of my bridesmaids did one at her wedding (5yrs ago) but I believe that she just went to Michaels and bout a cool looking jar and 3 different coloured sands (she has a step daughter that was incorporated into the ceremony). Just make sure you pick sand colours that either stand out (for when you display it in your home) or colours that go with anything (for when you display it in your home) lol go with whatever type of people you and your FH are when it comes to that.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend is doing one. There are quite a few video resources on youtube, I recommend starting there. Supplies can probably be found at michaels or on amazon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics