Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachael
Super October 2019 Ontario

Sample Sales

Rachael, on November 15, 2018 at 13:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12

Have you gone to one before? Is it worth it? Please tell me more about your experience(s)!

I'm considering booking the day off to attend one; however, I don't want to bother if the likelihood of me not finding a dress is high.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on November 26, 2018 at 08:19
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, Natalie! Thank you for the resource; I will give it a read for my reference. Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your response, Dar! This was helpful. Smiley smile

I ended up skipping the sample sale because I found "the one" at my appointment the Saturday before Black Friday!

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found this super helpful tip link from Ferré Sposa on how to shop sample sales. Figured I’d share:

https://www.ferresposa.com/blog/2017/9/8/the-how-tos-of-a-bridal-sample-sale-how-to-shop-and-what-to-expect-during-bridals-busiest-season-h54fb
  • Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought mine at a sample sale. It was just a regular appointment at the shop and there was only one other person trying on dresses at the same time. The only difference was I essentially had to decide on the spot if I was going to take the dress and it obviously came as was, but got it and my belt for 50% off
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, that would be a nightmare!

Thank you! I will update the discussion if I do. Smiley smile

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't imagine doing three Kleinfeld-esque sample sales in one day! The ones I went to were pretty laid-back and definitely not that crazy.

Good luck with it and I hope you find your dress! Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your reply, Hélène!

That's how I feel, though of course I'm hoping I will find my "perfect" dress if I decide to go. If not, it's not a big deal as I've only started looking recently anyway!

Three sample sales in one day sounds exhausting, but it sounds like you had a good experience overall! I haven't heard of any other upcoming sample sales in my area, but this one will be through Kleinfeld so I imagine it'll be crazy.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and advice. Smiley shame

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi, Jennifer! I had my first appointment on Saturday so I have an idea of what I like (which is what I expected to like thankfully), but I'm hoping my upcoming appointment this Saturday will reiterate that. I'm not crazy about crowds either, but I don't think the experience will hurt unless I get trampled like Brittany joked I might, LOL.

Thank you for your reply! Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your reply, Brittany! I don't know anyone who has gone to one personally, but I imagine it being similar to Monica's experience during season seven of 'Friends'. Smiley xd

Also, will do if I decide to go!
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my dress at a sample sale.
    I didn’t intend to but figured I’d go to check things out and ended up finding my perfect dress.

There were four shops in Calgary having sample sales on the same day, as well as a big one day traveling sale.

Of the three shops my friend and I went to, one was super-organized and had a one-to-one staff to bride ratio with full service, one was very organized but with reduced service and my friend helped me into dresses until we’d narrowed it down to two, and one was super-disorganized but once you actually got in, had one-to-one service.

I knew what I wanted but was also a little flexible within that, packed my patience, took one friend to keep it easy, and ended up getting my dream dress at 50% off.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't done one. but from what I've been told. you need to know what exactly you want in a dress. and have tried on other dresses before.

I personally didn't go to one due to the high amount of people (and I don't even get bothered by crowds). I just didn't want to feel rushed at all.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not been to one, however I'd heard both good and bad things. If it's an insanely busy sale, you can get very overwhelmed, and possibly trampled, haha. But it could also be the perfect place to find a stunning gown at a total steal!

I would say there's no harm in looking. Make sure you can take someone who can help you out, as I believe it's fairly DIY, self-help... not many consultants, or lots of brides per consultant. Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics