Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sabrina
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Sample Sale Dress

Sabrina, on November 6, 2021 at 22:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11
Hi Ladies! Just got my dress today. I was hoping that the dress I went to try on today would be the one- and it was! I love it, however the boutique was having a sample sale and this dress JUST arrived to the store last week. I was not planning on taking the actually dress home (I was the first to try it on), but it saved me some money! Has anyone done this? I feel like it’s so early to actually have the dress in my possession!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on November 9, 2021 at 14:33
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im pretty sure my best friend who bought her dress from a sample sale went home with it that day. She bought it in February for an October wedding. TBH, it was really nice for her to have it early, as it allowed her to continue to try it on through the time and made it easier buying accessories, as we knew for sure what the dress looked like on (we actually ended up bringing it to our appointments to try on with items.)

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress just happened to be from a cancelled 2020 sample sale so I walked out with a dress that was 67% off, and the final price was les than half what I budgeted.
    It felt so strange walking out with a dress 12... (edit was 13) months before my wedding, but I'm so glad I did!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You have no idea how excited I am to finally wear it this summer!!

• Sabrina
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I definitely won’t be panicking!!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Worth it for sure
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omgosh! Well now it will DEFINITELY be worth the wait
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a steal!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't go this route, but if you can get a wedding dress on sale even better I say!!!! Congrats on finding your dress!! And it's never to early to say yes to the dress. It's better to have your dress early to give you time to get alterations done if needed then having to panic a few months out. I found my dress a year and 9 months before my original date but then had to postpone once and then twice so my dress has been sitting in my parents closet for just over 2 years now!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my dress at a consignment store and saved $3500!! It sucks having it hanging up in the closet for soo long but worth it to save soo much money!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wife got her dress at a sample sale. The store was renovating and wanted to offload their inventory because they couldn't store it. She got a designer dress for over 80% off retail that way.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't do this but it's definitely common. We have an entire store here that's just samples from their sister store that you take home... all stores have sample sales from time to time to clear out for new lines. You love it - that's all that matters! Better to have a dress early than panic about not having one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics