To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Sam & collin: it's written in the stars

Samtam, on November 7, 2016 at 16:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 1

Here is our engagement horoscope:

Leo Engagement

Engaged between: July 23st - August 22nd

If you get engaged during the Leo period, your wedding day is going to be a party! Leo is a fire sign, which means it will be filled with energy from the moment you say, “I do” until the send-off. Best advice for a Leo engagement? Make sure both partners are involved in the planning process.

We're not necessarily big "party" people but we definitely want our guests to have a good time! Our focus is good food, good friends, good fun! There will be tons of food (and it's delicious!) so no one will be going hungry and we ended up with room in our budget to provide some alcohol for our guests so we were happy about that. We love spending time with our family and friends so we always wanted to do a full wedding and have never said "we should have just eloped" no matter how stressful the planning process has gotten! We are taking advantage of the fact that us and all our guests will never be all in the same place ever again! We are so grateful to those that will be able to join us on our special day and we want to show them our gratitude with a great event!

I do agree with the "make sure both partners are involved in the planning process" part. I've been told that my fiance is the "most involved groom ever" and I've responded with "I feel bad for the other brides then." Haha not that he hasn't been involved, we make all major decisions together, but he is definitely more laid back than me and doesn't have the event planning experience that I do. I'm always 50 steps ahead and his brain just doesn't work that way. We've had skype sessions with all our vendors (since we're out of the country) and I would always ask all my questions (that I would write out in advance) and at the end I'd ask if he had anything he wanted to ask and he's be like "I think you got it all." One day I was like "why don't you ever have questions for our vendors?" and he was like "I literally don't think up the things that you do. I would never think to ask them that." He has been very supportive and appreciative of my efforts and if I give him a task, he'll do it. There were some days that he didn't quite appreciate the urgency to get things done and he would be sitting playing video games and I would have to come in and be like "Ok here are two things we need to get done, pick one." He's the type that he appreciates the direction because he just doesn't know where to start. (And he can get distracted and start making spreadsheets for our honeymoon instead of working on the wedding... Haha)

1 Comment

Latest activity by Emilie, on November 8, 2016 at 06:45
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sam!! I'm so glad you started this discussion!! I'm so happy you're saying that your wedding is a great occasion to bring all your friends and family together, I think that's really what it's all about! Smiley heart I wish you so much happinness together on your wedding day, it's going to be amazing that's for sure!

Make a wish for your wedding

Great work on planning everything from abroad!! Smiley star I'm sure there were many things to think about and good job for asking all these questions to your vendors! I'm very happy to hear your FH has been involved in the planning although it might not have been in the same way you would've expected. Smiley laugh What has he been planning for your honeymoon?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics