Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Safety plans

Sarah, on June 1, 2021 at 19:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
I’m curious what other couples are doing in regards to safety plans.I bought 2 chalk board easels for $20 and they are perfect for my ceremony timeline and the bar menu but I’m thinking it will be a good idea to put safety info on the backs.I was thing about incorporating a social distancing sticker and any other rules.We are having a served buffet dinner and will have all cutlery pre wrapped in a napkin with those little paper seals to hold them together and will have sanitizer everywhere including as favours.I will also have a friend helping me make a proper safety plan as she does them all day for work but I would love to hear what everyone else is doing.Even if things open right up by August I still want to have some safety precautions in place for everyone to feel safe while still having fun.Safety plans 1
Safety plans 2

Safety plans 3

9 Comments

Latest activity by Shanice, on June 10, 2021 at 17:43
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great safety ideas to keep your guests safe and knowing while we are all still getting through the times, the distance is important and way to present it.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I absolutely hate that with WW that or the fact we can’t delete old posts.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Know** not need 🤦🏻‍♀️ I hate that you can't edit!
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fair enough - definitely look into it! I don't need anything about that so I can't help there - sorry!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m just concerned that I might need something posted in order to get event insurance.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a really good idea. Depending on the crowd it’s also possible some people will be in a celebratory state and have had a drink or two beforehand and they’re definitely not reading any safety info on signs.
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, many people don't really read signs... They look great and I obviously still had some but it was fairly obvious 😂. I wouldn't put anything important on them and expect everyone to read them. We sent out emails prior to our wedding with the safety rules, expectations, and specifics of what the evening would look like. This allowed guests to take the time to read through it, understand what we are doing and expect of them (even in the two weeks leading up to the wedding) in order to keep our guests safe in advance. Not only did this help ensure they do it (or don't come), but also gave them an added layer of comfort in advance and the opportunity to ask any questions in advance. It was important to us that guests knew in advance that we (and the venue) were taking health and safety seriously. That evening venue staff greeted guests reminding them of a few key rules and then our MCs went through what was necessary again in their house keeping at the beginning of the reception/cocktail hour. Our guests were FANTASTIC; our venue was very pleased as well!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a great idea!I know we have a few who want to come but are scared so this could put a few minds at ease and avoid any awkwardness.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something that I originally thought was a weird idea but now think will be super useful, is to have different colours wristbands or stickers or something to indicate a person's level of comfort with socializing. I.e. who is okay engaging with others in a relatively normal matter, who is okay with it but you should put on your mask before approaching, and who doesn't want to be approached. Or something along those lines. It's still a bit unclear what will be allowed in August but if normal social contact is technically allowed then, I'm sure there will still be some people who are nervous and want to keep their distance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics